Mustang and Ford Performance Forums banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
got a line on a T-trim for a excellent price. was going to go with a D1. so any comparison between the two blowers is appreciated. don't tell me about the leaky seals wasn't going with the sc model procharger. and nothing on intercooled vs nonintercooled. if i get the T-trim I will add a fast track intercooler. I just need anything you can give me reguarding the two blowers and their differences.....cfms, power outputs, and the like. bear in mind going on short block with forged internals, hci intake, blower cams, ported heads, full fuel system. and if possible i need info on the difference between the JT and T-trims. I know the JT is relativley new so I don't have much info on it. I will be making my decision by tommorow so all help I recieve is greatly appreciated. thanks for your help.

·
Registered
1,657 Posts
T trim = 1200 cfm
D1SC = 1400 cfm
JTtrim = 1600 cfm

I am going w/ the D1 so that mine can be streetable but still very potent!! I do know that the JT makes some serious power but even for the CFM ratings I for some reason think that the D1 can stay pretty close to it. Of course there is always the F1!!!

What exactly are you doing w/ the car. Street/ Strip or all Strip. If strip are you going to run a class. All these things matter. Certain blowers are restricted from certain classes.

Oh, those numbers up top are just off of there company websites.

Good luck.

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
this is for a primarily street driven car. with occasional trips to the track. so i am not worried about classes and such. Like you I was going with the D1 but I am not sure I can pass up this deal. I want a very streetable combination. I am just curious what kind of booste I will be seing with different rpms. somewhere along the line i heard something about about the T-trim being very peaky???? don't know where or who said that or even if there is any truth to it....kind of what I am hoping to find out. Thanks for the help so far.

I did notice that the fastest car at this years just realeased modmotor 4v shootout was running a T-trim. for some reason there weren't any prochargers........from what i have heard prochargers are currently some of the best and ruling pro 5.0.

·
Registered
2,769 Posts
Procharger has a larger step up ratio which will allow you to run a bigger pulley for less slip. D1 is a nice blower and moves a decent amount of air that can support close to 1000 bhp.

·
Registered
1,657 Posts
As far as the power curve. I believe I have heard the peaky rumor on the T trim as well. From what I have learned the D1 makes boost quicker so a bit more on the bottom end. But then again, these cars are meant to rev so gear it high and spin the motor hard. But I guess for being mainly a street car the D1 if it does have a considerable advantage on the bottom end might be a good bit better for your application.

I know the T trim will make some serious power. So if you have a great deal on a T trim I wouldn't turn it down.

I hope all that didn't sound to conflicting.

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
no your not sounding too conflicting at all. i am heavily leanng towards the T-trim too. I can get it new/never installed in the box polished, for less then the going price for a s-trim. bare in mind i am going for the fast track intercooler. so the price might actually end up around the same.

so i am not the only one that has heard the same thing about the T-trim being peaky. wonder if a smaller pulley or some rear end gearing could help alleviate this problem. might also try the sand blasting the blower pully or notching it like i have seen some people doing recently if i end up with belt slippage problems.

Thanks for the help so far guys. this is what i needed. good unbiased opinions. keep them coming.

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
no your not sounding too conflicting at all. i am heavily leanng towards the T-trim too. I can get it new/never installed in the box polished, for less then the going price for a s-trim. bare in mind i am going for the fast track intercooler. so the price might actually end up around the same.

so i am not the only one that has heard the same thing about the T-trim being peaky. wonder if a smaller pulley or some rear end gearing could help alleviate this problem. might also try the sand blasting the blower pully or notching it like i have seen some people doing recently if i end up with belt slippage problems.

Thanks for the help so far guys. this is what i needed. good unbiased opinions. keep them coming.

·
Registered
1,046 Posts
I think they under rate the JT trim..It will take a F1 to make the same power.

The JT is perfectly streetable..Its not peaky and makes some crazy power.

I dont think you can go wrong with a T,JT or a D1...Its probably going to boil done to which company you prefer.

I know in the 2 valve world the JT has made more power than the Novi's,or the Procharger F1R to [email protected] 16 psi ,shorty headers and in street trim it made 676rwhp.Nonintercooled.
They both make good chargers,pick your poison.

Cammin,yours close to running again?

Tim

·
Registered
1,657 Posts
Hey Tim,

I'm getting there. Boss 330s intake should be here tmrw or monday and the Navi heads are being ported. And I have been polishing the D1, tubing, and intake cover forever, and ever, and ever. Did I mention it is taking forever!!!

I just need the 55lb injectors (actually money for the 55lb injectors;) ). I should have it together in about 2 weeks.

Also that is good to hear that the JT is completely streetable.

How is yours coming along? What did you decide to do w/ the fender? Is the cage finished?

·
Registered
1,046 Posts
My car wont get caged till after FFW Orlando.They have a 5.0 car and an outlaw car they are finishing up.
Gonna fix the fender and repaint the whole car.I had my hood painted last year and it didnt match up perfect so with the fender damage Im just going to repaint it all.

Once its caged,its just a matter of the last dyno tune,repaint and off to the track.I'm trying hard to be ready for NMRA Reynolds..If it doesn't make that race,I'm burning it.:D

Tim

·
Registered
1,657 Posts
I was going to see if you think that you would be ready for Reynolds. I hope you are. I think you will really make people respect the 2valve cars.

Hey just out of curiosity, have you ever had the chance to try out and F1R? Not by any means putting down the JT or Vortech. Who knows maybe I will have one before too long when I get a daily driver and we can switch blowers for a little bit and see what makes what. It would be interesting anyways!!!

·
Registered
1,497 Posts
The T-trim can be pullied to make good street power and pullied up to run about as fast as you want to go. Ben Dorn ran 9.60's with a T-trim and no intercooler. The JT on the other hand will be fine on the street, but even with the biggest pulley you can find to go on it, it is still gonna move tons of air and make hella power!

I say your best bet is the T-trim
Chad

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I love this site already. This is my first post and I actually got some intelligent responses and answers....imagine that. A forum site where you get answers to the questions you ask. you guys rock.

made my decision I am going to try and go the T-trim rout.

·
Registered
53 Posts
I have a intercooled D1SC that makes 656rwhp on pump gas
The F1 should be on before Reynolds !!

Like cobra killer said

I dont think you can go wrong with a T,JT or a D1...Its probably going to boil done to which company you prefer
This Mod Motor are making some good Power!

Ben

·
Registered
1,046 Posts
Cammin,I would love to back to back them on my car.If you get one,we need to do that.It would be a great comparison.I can get the dyno time..Just let me know when ever you purchase one.I have had a few people approach me about changing to a Procharger.

Procharger makes a wicked charger,and I would NEVER put one down.

9cobra9,glad you found the site..Sounds like you have a very sweet ride.

Tim

·
Registered
1,657 Posts
Tim,

Yeah that would be fun. We could see what the F1 and JT would do on a more less maxed out 2v and 4v. Hmmm...Could be very interesting!!!

The only reason I didnt get a F1 is simply because this is my daily driver, but hopefully I will have a beater to drive around in a couple months.

Later,
Ashley

·
Registered
59 Posts
Ashley, with your engine, which is very stout, you should have no problem making the numbers you desire with just the D-1. hell we ended up making 633 with stock heads, cams, intake and TB... The car still had IMRC's! It was a tuning nightmare, but it would make some serious power. With your setup 750-800 should be well within range. You need to look into an 8 rib drive though...

1 - 20 of 37 Posts