• anything that will smoke like Dave's BBQ

Votes: 0 0.0%
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys..
Well ive decided to stop throwin money at the small mods and just invest (lol) in a blower.. Im leaning towards the procharger with 3 core b/c ive just seen them put out great power.. and the seal problems are RESOLVED. Havnet heard or seen any of the new ones leaking. The main reason is b/c of the cooler too.. vortech and paxton's cooler is just too much dough for me right now. I WANT A real reliable car cuz she is my daily driver. Im planning to run 8lbs of boost for now. Im gonna throw up a poll for which blower you guys like. BUT I DO NOT WANT THIS TO BE A PISSING MATCH BETWEEN THE VORTECH VS PROCHARGER GUYS.! we all know how that goes..
What kind of power you guys think ill make im hoping for 420 as a minimum. Hopefully. Again i want a real safe car. I want a car i could push every now and then so i dont want to be pushing 470+ because then im really pushing my luck. Ive got a good tuner too. I KNOW THE TUNE IS THE MOST IMPORTANT and it will be dyno tuned by pro's.

Let me know what you guys think.

-Zee

·
Registered
207 Posts
All those in Favor of Procharger, Say "I"

IIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII

LMAO :D

when I had the P1SC on my car, 8lbs of boost, just x pipe and catback, no custom tune, and 30lbs injectors, the car made 405rwhp and 383rwtq....Stock fuel pump, stock mass air...Plus with the intercooler, you can have an added measure of safety in the summer as the discharge temps are lowered a great deal with the cooler...

Jeff

·
The BarTender
1,651 Posts
My opinion would be to choose the Vortech S-trim. When you get the cash you can add the aftercooler at a later date.;) If your being conservative then the aftercooler/intercooler won't be neccassary at this point. Just make sure the tune is good with any route you choose.

Razor.

·
Registered
53 Posts
I Vote for the S-trim, it is a very good blower and it will take alot of abuse!! Thanks, Jeff B. (1BAD98)

·
Grabber Freakin Orange
917 Posts
Why is Kenne Bell not a choice?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Eric Brooks said:
KB has no blower kit out for the 99-01 Cobras
They do now. I've been drooling over 'chargers for the past year but I'm still in the hole...... Once I get back on top I'll strapping one on! I've heard rumors that KB is working on an intercooler. YIKES!

http://www.kennebell.net/

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
why vortech?

wouldnt the intercooler be a better package?
thats why i like the procharger..
forget the seal problem.. besides that?

·
The BarTender
1,651 Posts
CraZeeSTanG said:
why vortech?

wouldnt the intercooler be a better package?
thats why i like the procharger..
forget the seal problem.. besides that?
Aftercooler! :D

Razor.

·
The BarTender
1,651 Posts
CraZeeSTanG said:
too much money for my budget rite now..
thats why the ati setup looks soo tempting
I understand fully.;)

Razor.

·
Registered
33 Posts
I had a procharger, now i'm going with a vortech, which i should of done from the beginning. Screw the "intercooler", as that seems to be the catchy word for prospective buyers. I've seen many cars running without any type of intercooler with great numbers. IMO, intercoolers are only good for HIGH boost, and i mean high boost! Running 12psi with that 3core intercooler doesn't do any justice, just adds more weight. LIke i said.. thats just my humble opinion. :D

·
Registered
1,497 Posts
No need for intercooler/aftercooler for what you are trying to do. At my level I am still non-intercooled, but I am at the point that having one would be a big benefit. Get you a V2 SQtrim and a powerpipe and you will have tons of great power!

·
Registered
2,769 Posts
How about input from a guy that has run an S trim, T trim, Novi 2000, Kenne Bell 1500, and a big ass Procharger :D

Intercooling is absolutely not necessary at boost levels under 15. However, intercooling can provide one with more protection if something goes wrong (bad gas, plumbing leak etc) Intercooling will give you more margin for error on the tuneup as well. However, if you got your tuneup close, theres really no necessity to go IC at lower boost levels (below 16 psi).

Another way to lower discharge temps is to throw a lot of fuel at the tuneup. I like running rich enough to the point that the car is on the edge of breaking up, but slightly under that curve. I feel that the more boost one makes, the more fuel needed up top.

The Vortech S trim is hard to beat for a starter system if your looking for great dyno and track numbers. It has been around the longest, and is very durable. You can also make in the range of 380 rwhp to 600 plus rwhp with it. If your more into big torque, the Kenne Bell blower is the right choice, but note that your limited in boost (10 psi) with that kit.

If you want to make some serious numbers the Paxton Novi 2000 (up to 1000 bhp) is the way to go. I don't recommend the Novi 1000 for anything other than a boat ancher. The Procharger F2M is for guys trying to get the maximum amount of horsepower out of a supercharged 4.6

·
Registered
204 Posts
NOVI!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! novi's rule!!!!!!! go NOVI!!!!!!!!!!!!! HAHAHAHAHA..prochargers suck ass. Go ask yer boy Jim Summers!!! BWAHAHAHAHA

1 - 20 of 28 Posts