Mustang and Ford Performance Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Some friends who own a muffler shop in town recently installed an 8 psi Vortech s/c on a 2001 GT..The car is completely stock except for Mac long tube headers and Basanni X pipe. Now the car is blowing blue smoke(oil) and filling the plugs with oil..Comp, check proved OK...

I have heard stories of the Mac long tubes pulling oil past the rings...Could this possibly be the problem..

I personally have Mac long tubes on my Cobra and have not experienced any problems.....

Vortech did chip the car..

Thanks in advance..:confused:

·
Registered
492 Posts
I've "heard" the same thing about the Mac LT's somewhere on this forum a while back. Then a few people went back and forth how it could and couldnt be caused be the headers. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
138 Posts
BLUE SMOKE

HOW MANY MILES ON THE ENGINE??

I HAVE HAD SEVERAL DO THAT WITH AS LOW AS 30K ON IT.
AFTER TAKING THE ENGINE APART--THE OIL CONTROL RINGS WERE STUCK IN THE PISTON WITH SLUDGE AND CAUSING A PROBLEM WITH IT SMOKING WITH THE EXTRA CYLINDER PRESSURE.

LET ME KNOW IF THAT HELPS YOU
JOE

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
blowing blue smoke

tHANKS FOR THE REPLYS..I did a little research on the corral forums, and yes there is a lot of info.(input) on the Mac lg. tube headers...primarily directed at the 4v cobra..The y claim the Gt 2v doe s not seem to show the problem??Apparently the scavanging effect caused by hot air moving rapidly, causing a vacum and sucking oil lpast the valve seals. Mac claims the stock valve seals will not hold up under the draw made by thier lg. tube headers. They need to be replaced..shipped the Vortech S trim back to Mfg. and they found nothing wrong with their s/c....:confused:

·
Registered
3 Posts
Did you check the PCV valve? My brother just put a Vortech on his '02 GT (5000 miles) and had to change the PCV valve because it would flow in both directions. He wasn't burning oil 'yet', but had oil seeping out at the valve cover. With that valve open in both directions the boost will pressurize the crankcase and the motor would have oil everywhere, and probably push it up thru the rings from the crankcase in boost. Maybe worth a check.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts