Mustang and Ford Performance Forums banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I keep blowing off the intake hose. This can't be good right since it's ramming the air that's supposed to be dumped, back into the impellers.

Can it be my little plastic Bosch valve going bad? It's a recirculating system, but before I used to hear a slight "psssshhhh" sound (not as loud as a turbo blow off)....but now I don't hear it.

I'm running 14 lbs of boost on a Vortech S-Trim kit w/no intercooler.

·
Registered
3,194 Posts
the bracketing on the vortechs are naturally lame,you need to get some good clamps and make sure its in there good and tight...i ran a s-trim at 15psi before the blower went,i had the same issue once or twice but fixed it:p

·
Breaking ****
1,304 Posts
spray hairspray in the couplers, they will dry tacky/sticky and use t-clamps.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the tips. But I'm just worried that it's the Bosch valve not opening and the compressed air is going back against the impellers.

Are you supposed to hear a slight "phhhhsssshhh" sound on a Vortech kit that recirculates the dumped air?

·
Breaking ****
1,304 Posts
with 14psi, you really need a better bypass like a mini race. If your using the bypass that came in the kit, that wont do well with double diget boost. some people get the Audi S4 bosch bypass that is good to 14psi, but i would get a better bypass than that one.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
Yea I just went to the Audi dealer and got one (Audi pn#: 06A145710N) and I'm hearing the "psshhhhh" again, so I must be that the old one was stuck close and causing the compressed air to go back into the impellers and blowing off the intake tube. This Audi PN# is a little better/stronger right? (both are identical Bosh units but different PN#).

This sucks b/c I not sure how much it takes to damage the impellers. Any ideas?

Might be a good reason for me to step up to a T-Trim.

·
Breaking ****
1,304 Posts
i wont hurt the blower, just make the car run like crap when the tube blows off.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
i wont hurt the blower, just make the car run like crap when the tube blows off.
i mean when there's not enough pressure to blow off the tube, but it gets pushed back into the blower's impellers (b/c the throttle blade is closed when you let off).

·
Breaking ****
1,304 Posts
good queston, i am not sure really? May have to check with Cobra and Bullitt guys

·
Registered
4,454 Posts
Like mentioned used hair spray and a T bolt clamp. All you need is a regular T bolt clamp. It will form the shape of an oval when you tighten it down

·
Breaking ****
1,304 Posts
i dont think that will fit the existing lines/hoses that his bosch bypass is using.

·
Registered
3,194 Posts
never said it would:p just saying its a sweeet replacement,and you never really have to worry again!

·
Registered
123 Posts
I bought the Vortech Mini-race bypass for my procharger. Fixed all my problems @ 9psi. The stock plastic bypass is not going to support over 6psi, you can ruin your S/C with the back pressure.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.