Mustang and Ford Performance Forums banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
The Ubiquitous Jimmy V.
3,323 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Are these heads the same as the heads being installed on the TICKERS??

If so i heard a used Cobra at local dealership .It was Ticking with the head with the Blue marking and they were going to change the head. The car has 11k miles no apparent mods and it was ticking preety loud..

·
The Ubiquitous Jimmy V.
3,323 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Eric Brooks said:
My car has a blue head, and I heard a slight tick the other morning. Could have been something else, it cleared up as the motor got warm

:confused:
That's Normal

·
Registered
229 Posts
Wow, I flashed on a picture of Uncle Jimmy as a service advisor at a Ford dealership.

"Don't worry, that's normal"

Thank God the seventies are over, some day those flashbacks will go away.

Mine ticks when warm, but the dealer has had the car 5 of the last ten business days for clutch and the differential leak. Next month, they can have it back. I'm tired of driving a Focus

·
Premium Member
5,466 Posts
I have a blue stripe, and its a ticker.

although I have noticed something. Upon changing oil every 3000 when the oil is new the tick is more pronounced, it soons be come a hit and miss condition. Towards the end of the 3000 mi cycle the tick barely happens.

Very wierd, but Ive had it diagnozed as the tick, no oil use yet, no smoke on startup, so its probably not that bad

·
Registered
282 Posts
broke7 what is the build date of your car? Do we have blue headed tickers after the Nov. date given in the TSB???

Kevin

·
Registered
46 Posts
Mine has the blue headed tick at idle after hot. I took it to the dealer w/ the tsb and they No problem found it:mad:

·
Registered
46 Posts
I believe the tick and the blue heads do not have any correlation. The blue stripe was to indicate the right side, not if there was a "new" design. It only indicates that it was the right vs the left.

John

·
Registered
7 Posts
I have the blue stripe cylinder head. My engine was built on 4/12/03 and only has 2700mi. on it. I'm getting the head replaced for the tick right now. Should be done today or monday.

·
Registered
191 Posts
my buld date is 11/02 and I have a blue stripe on my drivers side head and no tick.

So far so good, thank god cause I think the KB and canton roadrace pan kinda voided the warantee

·
Registered
7 Posts
I have the same ticking as 03Z...

It ticks louder when warm and also ticks more after a fresh oil change...(kind of reminds me of the Lightning which has the 'can of marbles' sound after changing the oil).

I'm not sure if this is THE tick, or just A tick...

·
Registered
74 Posts
i have blue striped head 4-12-03 slight tick sounds more like injector noise . how much noise is normal ?an when do we have a prolem.

·
Banned
1,888 Posts
I had the tick pretty bad in my DSG car. I had the head replaced under the specifications of the TSB. The new head has the blue stripe down the side.

Tick was 100% gone for about 2 months. Then it came back...slightly when very cold (after an all-night cool down). It went away when warmed up. I don't think that this cold tick is normal...there's a difference between noisy modular valves and the tick.

Anyway, the Kooks long-tube headers went on the car and now the tick is 100% gone again...just like a brand new car.

Go figure.....

:rolleyes:

·
Registered
1,164 Posts
If even one engine produced after November has the tick then that blows the whole new heads since November idea out of the water. Ford will have to keep looking.

·
Registered
46 Posts
blue head != fix, blue head = right side, that's the only correlation.

·
Registered
191 Posts
time to get to the basics

10 print "maoun like paying bumpercars with 40k cars"
20 goto 10
:shocked:

1 - 20 of 28 Posts