Mustang and Ford Performance Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i also have a bog but it is different in nature. in 5th gear crusing i rev to downshift to 4th and it bogs. doesn't matter what speed or rpm. from 4th to 3rd everything is fine. just does it from 5 to 4. in the am first start it rattles like false teeth on a cold morning. going thru the gears at 23 to 2500 it also rattles untill warm. after that it is still there but oh so quiet. oil changed every 5 thousand. used motorcraft 5-20 then switched to mobil 1 5- 30. no change. any ideas? ...thanks rande

·
Registered
2,142 Posts
see eric's post.....might apply to you...

What car are you talking about? a 03' cobra? Are you talking about a audible ratting noise? Any excessive oil consumpion.....?? If so...you might have a internal engine problem......might want to go to ford if thats the case.....might require engine replacement...hope this helps, hermann

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
i have to apoligize, it is an 01 cobra. i was at work and rather busy and had time for nothing. i should have waited. no sir, no excess oil consumption. i'm using a qt. every 1000 or so. it smokes sometimes on start up, which is a little bothersome. other than that it sometimes surges when cold. if i let off the throttle in 4th is when it happens and 1st in the am when cold. thanks for your help...

1 - 3 of 3 Posts