Mustang and Ford Performance Forums banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Banned
1,265 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a late build 03 2/03....My blower does not have a bolt in the snout just a plastic plug that goes into the threads.Any ideas why that is and should i go to my dealer and order one?I just ordered the interchangable 2.76 & 2.93 pulleys,idlers,plugs,and belts and donot want any issues with install so what do i do get the bolt or not?Why do some 03's have them and some donot?I'm really baffled by this one!

·
Banned
1,265 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
the plug resembles the kind for a interior piece,no bolt! Car was brand new when i bought it so i know it's not messed with!

·
Registered
38 Posts
Mine didn't have the bolt either and it was a fairly recient build date (mid April). The bolt isn't necessary. I've swapped out my pulley and have had zero problems with it.

·
The Ubiquitous Jimmy V.
3,323 Posts
Interesting..(NO BOLT) I would re consider useing Alum Pulley without that Bolt..
PRESS ON ALUM THAT IS:p

·
The Ubiquitous Jimmy V.
3,323 Posts
BilletFlow said:
Jimmy,

Have you heard of a "failure" using an aluminum pulley without a bolt?
No,, we all had bolts before..just a thought that with the bi metal would there be a potential problem??
I'd just feel more comfortable with a Steel pulley without haveing that bolt..
What do you think??You are more qualified then i am..:D

G

·
Jimmy,

Yes I think Steel to Steel is better.... but you can get a grade 8 bolt in the right size (8mm - 1.25) from just about any good hardware store for under a buck :D

·
The Ubiquitous Jimmy V.
3,323 Posts
BilletFlow said:
Jimmy,

Yes I think Steel to Steel is better.... but you can get a grade 8 bolt in the right size (8mm - 1.25) from just about any good hardware store for under a buck :D
I think i speak for many..I would prefer the bolt...If a bolt can't be used then the Steel pulley would be your only sensible choice..
Thank's for your input as always..

·
Registered
38 Posts
Ok, now I don't have that warm, fuzzy feeling about my setup that I had about 20 min ago. I think since the beginning of this year every '03 Cobra has been coming off the line without the bolt and we're just now talking about weather or not one is needed when you go with a aluminum pulley? I have an aluminum 2.93 amazon racing pulley on mine and this makes me a bit nervous.

·
The Ubiquitous Jimmy V.
3,323 Posts
Voice of Reason said:
Ok, now I don't have that warm, fuzzy feeling about my setup that I had about 20 min ago. I think since the beginning of this year every '03 Cobra has been coming off the line without the bolt and we're just now talking about weather or not one is needed when you go with a aluminum pulley? I have an aluminum 2.93 amazon racing pulley on mine and this makes me a bit nervous.
If in fact you can put a bolt in?? I would..If not..I'd change to a Steel pulley if just for peace of mind.I know that those Alum Pullies are made of aircraft aluminum,,It is just that with a bolt it would make me feel better also..
There is a Tape of a Red Cobra loosing his pulley in St Louis..I don't know the particulars though..

G

·
Voice of Reason

ALL the Blowers come with a taped hole in the blower shaft.

The only differance is that on the later Cobras they did not install a bolt but rather installed a plastic cap.

If your a "bit nervous" just go get a 8mm - 1.25, 25mm long bolt from your local hardware store.......eveything will be fine!

Agreed Jimmy?

·
The Ubiquitous Jimmy V.
3,323 Posts
Re: Voice of Reason

BilletFlow said:
if your a "bit nervous" just go get a 8mm - 1.25 bolt from your local hardware store.......eveything will be fine!

Agreed Jimmy?
Agreed..

·
The Ubiquitous Jimmy V.
3,323 Posts
03Venom said:
get a washer too lol
:hammer Good Idea

Agreed Doug??:D

·
The Ubiquitous Jimmy V.
3,323 Posts
BilletFlow said:
yes... thats a no brainer:lol :lol
I resemble that remark:rolleyes:

·
Banned
1,265 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Thanx guys,i was just wondering what the deal was with that...i ordered the amazon quick change pulley setup with the 2.76 & 2.93 pulleys ALSO the BILLET FLOW idlers all 3..can't wait to do the install..going to Larocca's on the 14th of Aug..Jimmy you should stop by seeing your there all the time anyways!

·
Banned
1,265 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
I also already got the bolt and washer i need and was planning on installing it anyways just wanted to know why some have it and some donot!Thanx again!

1 - 20 of 22 Posts