Mustang and Ford Performance Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, my current mods are 12" filter, 55lb injectors, KB s/c at 17 psi, bassani cat-back, accufab t/b, and obvously a BAP. I will be heading out to the dyno for a tune next thursday. The shop is houston performance some of you might of heard of them, they are a very reputable place their main thing is mustangs. I was wondering what things they should know to make the BAP work.Anything specific about the tunning w/ a BAP I should let them know? Also what the setting for the BAP should be set at with my mods. Thanks guys:cool:

·
Yes...it can be done
3,140 Posts
Take the BAP off. Give the fuel system a shot @ 13 psi. Make it off the chart rich w/ spark pulled. Then put on the 17 psi and tune. There are a lot of people having driveability problems with the BAP right now.

·
Registered
140 Posts
im starting to think that the BAP is a joke..kb shoudnt sell something that is so tuner specific that it only works with their chip...i am having big issues with my diablo chip with stock inj and 92mm mass air..on the dyno fuel pressure is down 30# from the 85# that kb says the BAP should increase it...have a hiccup that i think is caused by BAP putting too much fuel in at cruise speed...any comments??? mike

·
The Ubiquitous Jimmy V.
3,323 Posts
Until there is a Bigger Pump available..I would tune to wherever AF lets you go without that BAP..

550 seems feesable without useing that BAP ,,but you should use Alan's new 55's or 50Lb injectors in my opinion..

·
Registered
140 Posts
i made 552 with a nice a/f but the BAP was hooked up and turned to the max..just dont know if its doing anything! probably should have done the injectors

·
Yes...it can be done
3,140 Posts
Where is you controller mounted, Mike?

·
Banned
1,888 Posts
boostin'03 said:
Hey guys, my current mods are 12" filter, 55lb injectors, KB s/c at 17 psi, bassani cat-back, accufab t/b, and obvously a BAP. I will be heading out to the dyno for a tune next thursday. The shop is houston performance some of you might of heard of them, they are a very reputable place their main thing is mustangs. I was wondering what things they should know to make the BAP work.Anything specific about the tunning w/ a BAP I should let them know? Also what the setting for the BAP should be set at with my mods. Thanks guys:cool:
According to Jim Bell (I had this conversation with him), with 17 PSI, your boost-a-pump should be set to 2/3's of the knob.

I have almost the exact same setup as you. There is nothing wrong with the 55lb injectors, they work great. And the boost-a-pump should work fine with your setup.

Good luck!

·
Registered
140 Posts
BAP is in the trunk

·
Registered
443 Posts
Jim,

I am curious as to why you feel that way about the 55's vs the 50's?

They seem to be doing quit well on all the cars I have put them in, as well as the people I have sold them to.

I have sold them to the following shops from this forum without any complaints:

JMS, Amazon, PJ's, PSP, Horsepower by Herman, JD's, PSP, JLP, ProTurbo, Muscle Motors, UPR, and several others.

I am curious about your response.

·
The Ubiquitous Jimmy V.
3,323 Posts
Alan,I Wrote 50's I forgot about the 55's I will edit my post to 50's or 55's
Sorry..

jim v.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts