Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What is this modification?

thanks - :confused:

·
The Ubiquitous Jimmy V.
3,323 Posts
Boost by pass mod.By passes the Dump Valve so you don't dump boost at high RPM's

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Really

Thanks jim , So the bypass valve dumps at high rpm i have not watched my guage but this might explain the mph in the 1/8th is better than quarter. I just assumed that the belt was slipping.

You just disable the valve? I am assuming this would not be good for street use so you would use somthing like a gate valve?

Thanks joe skinner

·
The Ubiquitous Jimmy V.
3,323 Posts

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks again

That sounds great i look forward to slicks and this mod next week

joe s

·
Registered
85 Posts
Honestly, if you unplug the electrical portion of the solenoid, this will do the same thing. It'll save you a trip to the store and a few bucks ;)

·
Registered
2,357 Posts
VNOMSSS said:
Honestly, if you unplug the electrical portion of the solenoid, this will do the same thing. It'll save you a trip to the store and a few bucks ;)
It's also easier and you don't have to cut anything. I have had it on my car for a couple of months with no problem.

·
400 Posts
The best way is to do it in the chip. By controlling you can add some nice low end torque plus still retain the safety features.

Rick

·
Registered
85 Posts
AmazonRacing said:
The best way is to do it in the chip. By controlling you can add some nice low end torque plus still retain the safety features.
Rick, explain to me what Patrick and/or Willie are doing when adjusting this? How are you going to add in low speed torque by simple changing the threshhold of this sensor?

The added torque on the tune is coming from the additional timing down low, plus remapping the fuel curves. I've never heard of gaining torque by the method you speak of above.

·
Registered
481 Posts
Also RICK, what are the safety features?

What is safe about having the Boost Dump vs. doing the modification on it and eliminating it?

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Yes please reply !!

I am not shure what you mean?

Thanks joe

1 - 12 of 12 Posts