Mustang and Ford Performance Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
180 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Right now I have a mechanical boost controller and it is one of the touchiest ones my tuner has ever seen. He could only get it set to 8 and 15 psi without it moving after he turned it for some reason. What kind of boost controllers do you guys have? Mechanical or the electric kind. i might be willing to switch to the electric.

Also can you have a multiple tune with a mechanical one or do you need an electric one?

·
Wangan GTO
1,425 Posts
Eelctronic for precision we scored an old school HKS unit on ebay for 130.00 shipped.

·
Registered
325 Posts
I just bought an Eboost2. It alows you to set a boost setting for each gear. Plenty of other features but that is the one I really liked. About the only one better is an AMS1000 but is more geared for a race car, especially at $800.

·
Registered
180 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I just bought an Eboost2. It alows you to set a boost setting for each gear. Plenty of other features but that is the one I really liked. About the only one better is an AMS1000 but is more geared for a race car, especially at $800.
How much was yours?

I use the one at the bottom on this page. http://boostvalve.com/pricelist.html
My low is 12psi and my high is 20psi. It works great.
So it just a really nice mechanical one? how do you switch from the two different boost levels?

·
Registered
325 Posts
The current one I have has a switch as well. I bought the eboost2 on ebay for $499 with free shipping from tunerpartsusa. Not cheap but as much money as I've put into my car I was tired of a cheap mechanical controller. Especially now that I'm going auto.

·
Registered
180 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
The current one I have has a switch as well. I bought the eboost2 on ebay for $499 with free shipping from tunerpartsusa. Not cheap but as much money as I've put into my car I was tired of a cheap mechanical controller. Especially now that I'm going auto.
Ok well what all does it do to make it 500 bucks?

·
Registered
325 Posts
The ams 500 is suppose to also be a good controller for about the same price.

EBoost2
The EBoost2 is simply the best boost controller on the market. The EBoost2 is dead reliable and extremely powerful. It is easy to mount, easy to use and easy on the eyes. We recommend the EBoost2 to anyone looking for a great electronic boost controller! With multiple setup options and controls, the Eboost can handle everything from stock turbo imports to full out twin turbo race cars.

NEW - Boost On Demand feature allows the user to select a boost group for a preset amount oftime. An instant overtaking power at a touch of a button!

NEW - redesigned User Interface helps in navigating through the menus.

NEW - bezel and face design featuring larger, easier to use function buttons.

Factory Preset Mode provides beginners with an easy start-up option
Advanced Mode unlocks up to 6 alternate boost mapping functions suitable for FWD, RWD, AWD, Bike and Drag racing needs
Gear-based Boost Mapping - set a different boost for each gear!
Boost levels can also be mapped against TIME or RPM.
Fully programmable auxilary output controls water spray, methanol or nitrous injection against Boost or RPM
RPM Compensation Feature eliminates boost drop-off at high RPM
Peak Hold/Max Boost Recall function monitors boost and RPM.
Display can be configured to KPA, Bar or PSI
Gate Pressure function eliminates wastegate creep
e-Boost2's display is accurate to within +/-0.5% of full scale making it an ideal Boost Gauge!
Programmable, audible warning alarm
Integrated input for optional shift/warning lights

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.