Mustang and Ford Performance Forums banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
404 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Which boost line do you hook it up to. I put it on the fuel rail line, it was the only one I could get to work right. So basicly I need to know where it goes.

·
Registered
2,357 Posts
chillfactor said:
Which boost line do you hook it up to. I put it on the fuel rail line, it was the only one I could get to work right. So basicly I need to know where it goes.
I heard of people just tapping into the boost line for the stock guage under the dash.

·
Registered
322 Posts
if you look behind your glove box you will see your stock boost line, just but a 3/16" Y. I had to insert the new boost line inside of the 3/16 Y because there weren't any 3/16 to 1/8 reducers. Here is a link to my post, check it out! Just secure the aftermarket boost line with a zip tie.

Later
Jess

http://www.svtperformance.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=26517 This link should be all that you need!

·
Registered
322 Posts
A vac. line is a vac. line. Looks good, I was just trying to help you out in case you hadn't found the proper line yet.

Enjoy
Jess

·
Registered
322 Posts
Good Deal! Your car looks sweet, I just put 19" OZ Super Lagesmo III's on mine, I'll post a pic next week after I take some altitude out of the suspension.

·
Registered
4,522 Posts
For those who don't know, the glove compartment swings all the way open and down by pulling the two tabs at the top rear edges of the box inward as you pull it open. The whole box kinda flexes with the tabs. Easy access to the vac. line this way. :)

·
Registered
521 Posts
chillfactor said:
This is where I put it , it seems to work fine. What do you guys think.
Chill, that is where I hooked up an external guage when dyno'ing the 2.80 pulley and only saw max 12lbs of boost. I had decided I only saw 12 because of where I hooked it up. Now I'm thinking I may only be seeing 12. Bezel and new guages should arrive this weekend. I'm gonna use the line behind the glove box and see if I see a difference.

·
Registered
404 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Please let me know, because I am not seeing much more than that. I am going to try to get some time today in the daylight and watch the guage, it's a little hard on Houston hwys to go fast and watch the guage.:cool:

·
Registered
404 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
The Experts

Doug, Pete, Rick, any of you guys have a comment on the best location for the line. It has me wondering now, on which place will give you a true reading. If where I have it hook up is right, than maybe the other place is reading high, and where does that line come out at on the engine?

·
Registered
124 Posts
chillfactor said:
it's a little hard on Houston hwys to go fast and watch the guage.:cool:
Drink coffee and talk on your cell phone like everyone else does. That should give you plenty of time to watch the gauge and read the paper. ;)

This is from JT's website-

Boost Gauge Install Link

·
Registered
404 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
OK you are trying to kill me......Hey I printed those pics just incase I got to move the source. Thanks for them, and now if we can find out if all places are equal life would be good.

·
Registered
2,736 Posts
Anybody ever end up with a solution to where the best place and most accurate place to tap into for an aftermarket guage?? I am getting ready to order my A pillar pod and lunar boost guage and need to know if behind the glove compt. is the best place or somewhere else?? Thanks Trey

·
Registered
618 Posts
Trey I nmy opinion behind the glove box is the best place i belive JT has a very informative install process on his webpage, take a look at it. If you have any questions just ask. Hope this helps

·
Registered
2,736 Posts
Thanks guys I appreciate it!:)

·
Registered
122 Posts
I did mine the same way chillfactor did it. Just a T line in the engine, covered it up with some tubing and it was mint. Looks completely stock.

·
Registered
119 Posts
Re: Re: Boost gauge question(in pillar)

toofast4u said:
I heard of people just tapping into the boost line for the stock guage under the dash.
I checked both places (dash and glove box) and put the t-fitting for the boost gauge under the dash. Either will work of course but the dash location is much closer to the gauge than running it from the glove box area.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts