Mustang and Ford Performance Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
120 Posts
Yep, I have the BOP reflash....its awesome! :blob

I had mine reflashed rather conservative since I am running a stock bottom end.

I immediately noticed an improved idle and better throttle response.

Not bad for $250 :D

·
Registered
352 Posts
If you go conservative, you have a buttload of room to grow with it.

Even with an 8# lower and a 75 shot, AF hasnt pegged 11.5 here on a truck with the setup. Food for thought.

·
Registered
227 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thanks for the reply's especially you Mofo, I knew you had some experience with this and wanted to here what you had to say.

I had my computer reflashed by BOP probably 2 months ago and I got a 2 program chip to go with it and its killin my that I can't try it out yet, still waiting on the engine parts and pieces.

The problem with waiting so long is that I keep changing things, instead of running a real mild set of Crowers, now I have something coming from Comp that will rattle the window's so that moves my shift points up and changes other stuff. I think I will have to send it all back for and update but I will run it the way it is first to see what I got.
Dale

·
Registered
352 Posts
If you needed something custom from Crower, you should of asked bro. Dante can get you ANY grind you want. The new ones created for Dales truck are pretty wicked but mild at idle. Were experimenting with new grinds on every motor rebuild that comes across to Dante. Since i will be the later of the new motors coming out of Cali, i should have a really good combo. Just waiting to see what happens when Dale straps on that 140. The tuning is what has me concerned. Im trying to get the MAF table in the computer redone so it can pull more then +5V. The old EEC-IV had a higher scale on the MAF and thats what we need.

I hope all works out for you bro, you have a badass truck :worship Keep us updated. Are you attending FFW in Nov out here by any chance Dale?

·
Registered
227 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 · (Edited)
Hey Mofo
The reason I went with Comp is because as there lobe profiles get bigger the lift stays the same at .550. This made sense to me cause the valve train is just about maxed at that lift and its hard enough to find springs that will work comfortably with that as it is. Its a sad situation, we can only get springs that have 80 lbs of seat pressure, and the lifters start to pump down at anything over 80 lbs of seat pressure but that aint enough seat pressure for anything over about 18 lbs of boost...if that.

Also I chose my own grind, it wasn't very scientific either, all I did was look at what Crower sells for a stage III supercharger cam and duplicated it in a Comp again because Comp keeps the lift within reason and also because they have very quick ramps. This cam is 274/274 advertised but at .050 its 238/238.

Anyway I think I have a fix for the valve train situation but I need to get my truck running to find out if I've learned anything or not.

As for FFW.....I would give anything to make it down there but at this point it aint lookin good. Still a month and a half away so we'll see. Dale

·
Registered
467 Posts
Hevy D said:
Hey Mofo
The reason I went with Comp is because as there lobe profiles get bigger the lift stays the same at .550. This made sense to me cause the valve train is just about maxed at that lift and its hard enough to find springs that will work comfortably with that as it is. Its a sad situation, we can only get springs that have 80 lbs of seat pressure, and the lifters start to pump down at anything over 80 lbs of seat pressure but that aint enough seat pressure for anything over about 18 lbs of boost...if that.

Also I chose my own grind, it wasn't very scientific either, all I did was look at what Crower sells for a stage III supercharger cam and duplicated it in a Comp again because Comp keeps the lift within reason and also because they have very quick ramps. This cam is 274/274 advertised but at .050 its 238/238.

Anyway I think I have a fix for the valve train situation but I need to get my truck running to find out if I've learned anything or not.

As for FFW.....I would give anything to make it down there but at this point it aint lookin good. Still a month and a half away so we'll see. Dale
Interesting info about cams/valvetrain... :cool: Esp for the DIY guys...

·
Registered
352 Posts
Crower has a new valve spring kit out for what its worth that can handle the lift.

I hope you can make it down, would be really cool to finally meet you.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts