Mustang and Ford Performance Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
577 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What's up guys. Just wanted to make the announcement that my Stingers came today. I ordered them with Next Day(UPS) shipping so I could have them for the holiday weekend. First impressions: DAYUM the tips are beautiful, the pictures don't do them justice!!! It may be worth the $650 alone just for the tips!!! Also, the mufflers are SMALL, probably the smallest I have seen. They are round too, kinda like a race muffler. The clamps are probably the finest on the market, they are called Sureseal, and they are a good piece. Oh yea, and another thing...you get a FREE hat that says Borla Exhaust on it. Its black and has red writing. It fits me real good and I am gonna wear it so people know I have good taste in exhausts... . I give the Borla, Rick and Linn, and Amazon Racing the for the service. I just can't wait to hear this thing, the rain MIGHT end Sunday or Monday so at least I can drive the Cobra around with no radio and listen to the exhaust note!!!

·
The Ubiquitous Jimmy V.
3,323 Posts
Any Dyno numbers before and after that Exhaust?

·
Registered
577 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I wish I got a baseline on the car, but the exhaust just got here today, and there is no way I can look at it sitting here without installing it. It's going on this weekend!!!!! Will let ya all know how it sounds and let ya know dyno numbers after June 14th.

G

·
SolidSnake said:
I just can't wait to hear this thing, the rain MIGHT end Sunday or Monday so at least I can drive the Cobra around with no radio and listen to the exhaust note!!!
Isnt that the only way to drive your Cobra :D
Make up a sound clip if you can.....Congrats!

Harry
www.HotRodHarrys.com
2003 Cobra (20 lbs of boost and nitrous)

·
Registered
577 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hey HotRodHarry, how would I go about making a sound clip? I have no idea how to do it......would like to though.

·
400 Posts
Let us know how you like it. The swap should take less then an hour. On our car we gained 6 rwhp going from the standard Borla catback. Our car feels much better on the top end of the track now too. At peak hp it tapers off much slower. Also being a 2 1/2" system it retains the torque.

Rick

·
Registered
684 Posts
i can use my digital camera for a sound clip if you want, it will only be a cheeze 320x240 but it will provide the sound. let me know, im sure there are tons of people on the boards hungry to hear the stingers.

G

·
fioresvt said:
i can use my digital camera for a sound clip if you want, it will only be a cheeze 320x240 but it will provide the sound. let me know, im sure there are tons of people on the boards hungry to hear the stingers.
Atleast its something...wish I was closer..I would come over with my video camera .

Harry
www.HotRodHarrys.com

1 - 8 of 8 Posts