1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
652 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Registered
4,468 Posts
looks awesome. on something like that though, if a car was not just a show car and was driven on the street regularly, but only on sunny days, how would you protect the polished finish? i wouldn't want to just put them on and go. i would like to have them coated with something so that cleaning is easy. but with the heat generated or that they may see, what would work well?

·
Registered
5,800 Posts
I love those!! Do you by chance have a Cobra set done that has Cobra written on it? Price for Brake Calipers done?

·
Registered
985 Posts
looks awesome. on something like that though, if a car was not just a show car and was driven on the street regularly, but only on sunny days, how would you protect the polished finish? i wouldn't want to just put them on and go. i would like to have them coated with something so that cleaning is easy. but with the heat generated or that they may see, what would work well?
you could probably just get some regular old clear coat from a can or something, put a few coats on them. I have friends that have painted there wheels on there cars and then clearcoated them. Just a rattle can job, nothing fancy, and it worked well.

·
Registered
452 Posts
those are sweeet, i gona send some parts to you soon.

·
Registered
175 Posts
Those are nice looking, and what I was thinking of doing with mine, but I was worried about the finish.
one word.... Zoops .....google it

·
Registered
652 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I understand your concerns with that and that is a very valid concern no doubt! The solution is to clear coat the calipers which will take care of the problem you are talking about and make it very easy to clean the calipers off if they get dirty with brake dust which over time if not cleaned I am sure they will.

·
Registered
652 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Those are nice looking, and what I was thinking of doing with mine, but I was worried about the finish.
You could just seal them up and they will be fine. Polished calipers would look over the top fantastic especially against black wheels!

Let me know if you need a price quote...just simply send me a photo of your calipers and I will shoot you back a price quote ASAP.

Thanks

·
Registered
725 Posts
You could just seal them up and they will be fine. Polished calipers would look over the top fantastic especially against black wheels!

Let me know if you need a price quote...just simply send me a photo of your calipers and I will shoot you back a price quote ASAP.

Thanks
Cool! I very well just might have to pull those now while the car is down for the TT build. I hate the color look and always wanted to go with polished or black.

·
Registered
1,990 Posts
What clear coat would you use to protect from the heat? Man, you guys polish anything haha

·
Registered
652 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·

·
Registered
652 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
What clear coat would you use to protect from the heat? Man, you guys polish anything haha
The clear coat won't be used to protect from the heat, but more so all the brake dust, water, etc that might get on the calipers when driving the car around.

As long as it is metal we will polish it to a Mirror Finish. :)

Thanks

1 - 19 of 19 Posts