Mustang and Ford Performance Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What are you guys doing? What size, drilled/slotted, pads, callipers, ect ?????:confused:

·
Registered
63 Posts
I went with MM ss front lines, and Hawk HP plus pads, Ford heavy duty fluid. Had my rotors rotated and bedded by pads on the new side. It will stop like a mofo now. Dont know if new calipers/rotors are needed.

jason

·
Registered
758 Posts
It depends on how hard you drive your car. I went with the Wilwood Pro Street 6 Piston (P/N 140-6155) fronts and Baer EradiSpeed Plus rear rotors; As I have a KB with 550 SAERWHP.

AMB

·
Registered
16 Posts
AMB:

What rims are you using, stock? I currently have the Brembo Gran Turismo (4 pistons) and they are no good. I do solo cross and they don't hold up.

thank you

·
Registered
758 Posts
tey

I use the stock chrome rims in front and 10.5" chrome rims in the rear. I beleive the Wilwoods are beter than the Brembos, because of the 6 pistons, vice 4 pistons. I also use SS brake lines.

AMB

·
Registered
16 Posts
AMB:

Have you done any road course racing or solo cross? If so how was the feelling? What is the size on the disc; 13"? Sorry for all the questions but I seem to have spent money in the wrong places, not only the brakes.

Tey Blanco

·
Pushrod Dinosaur
1,006 Posts
2thman said:
I went with MM ss front lines, and Hawk HP plus pads, Ford heavy duty fluid. Had my rotors rotated and bedded by pads on the new side. It will stop like a mofo now. Dont know if new calipers/rotors are needed.

jason
Ill vouch for Jason. they DO stop like a MF'r!!! I was in the passenger seat a few weeks back.

Howz it running dude??

gary

·
Registered
758 Posts
tey

I have not with my 03 Cobra yet, but I have run Willow Springs with my 85 GT. The discs are stock/12" size. I run the slotted/drilled rotors for the street, but you should run only the slotted rotors on the track. They are a little noisey, BUT they "STOP". Also run the SS brake lines.

AMB

·
Registered
16 Posts
Thank you AMB. According to Steeda I used street pads (The ones that come with the kit). They recomend top of the line racing pads that go with special rotors just for the track day. They say our cars are heavy and push a lot of hp plus I did like 50 hard 1.6 miles laps. I don't know....................

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
brakes

Thanks guys, keep the ideas coming

Bill

·
Registered
1,818 Posts

·
Registered
124 Posts
predator said:
Anybody know anything about the Baer/Alcon setups for front and rear? I have had recommendations in that direction too.
I have that setup in both race and street trim. If I had to do it over again I would have gone with the StopTech for the track and Wilwood for the street. Nothing against Baer/Alcon (used them for a long time) but the price difference against the performance of the other two would change my mind now.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Is stoptech a brand or the name of a business that sells different types of brakes? I visited thier website and saw thier 4 piston brake kit. Bingo13, Is that the setup you have?

·
Registered
250 Posts
Bingo13....thanks for the input. I am assuming (dangerous I know) that you have Baer/Alcon front and rear. I understand that Stoptech makes only front setups and you balance the rear with better pads. Wilwood I am not sure, but I do understand the importance of getting a balanced setup.

My problem is that I can only afford to do this once right now. I am not afraid to spend the money for something that will do track and street. I am just not sure of what the best combination might be. Therefore, my interest in this thread too.

Tey....I believe that Bingo13 meant that he would do Stoptech now if he had the chance to do it again....rather than the cost of the setup he is currently running.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts