Mustang and Ford Performance Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,818 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
If you want to read some interesting technical stuff on Brakes, check out the tech page at stoptech
http://www.stoptech.com/technical/

It appears stoptech is a company owned by an ex Shelby American employee. They used to have Carroll Smith consult there, too. Carroll smith was involved in the Shelby program back in the day, wrote the great books in the "to win" series, Engineer to win", ", "Drive to win", "Tune to win", Prepare to win". Unfortunatly he recently passed away.

The tech pages are great. I love it when the often repeated myths on a give subject are exposed as myths. There are a few of those gems there, like the "warped rotor" and what really causes pedal pulsation.

It appears that they have a nice front brake upgrade for the Mustang as well.

JT

·
The Ubiquitous Jimmy V.
3,323 Posts
JT,, Good info..
I put Cross drill rotors (BREMBO) I did it for looks,,I do notice that my brakes stop better in wet weather..
anything you can do "ie" Brakes or Tires to have a Mustang Perform better in wet weather is important..

·
Registered
2,357 Posts
Stoptech makes some really nice looking stainless brake lines. They have some really good features one of which is they have a urethane coating that protects the stainless steel braid. I am installing a pair I bought from Maximum Motorsports this weekend.

The do have a nice looking brake kit, but they are 2,000.00.

·
Registered
1,818 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
For right now, my only brake upgrade will be a set of porterfield pads, on Bingo13's recommendation. And maybe the brake lines, I've heard the coating is important, I'd probably use the stoptech ones.

I like the stoptech method of balancing the big front brakes to work with the existing rears.

I guess the only other kits that do that would be the Cobra R setup. Although I've heard a few stories of those rotors coming apart in OT use?

I plan to try an OT event in this car, I doubt I'll be pushing the brakes that hard the first few timers out.

JT

·
Registered
516 Posts
I have a pair of the MM braided lines and they are sweet. I am assuming they must be made by Stoptech the way it sounds.

·
Registered
2,357 Posts
trmn8r said:
I have a pair of the MM braided lines and they are sweet. I am assuming they must be made by Stoptech the way it sounds.
They are definitely made by Stoptech. I was talking to MM and they said that Stoptech is the only vender they will use for brake lines all of the other vendors they have tested will not meet there performance requirements. MM is one of the few companies I have ever dealt with that actually will talk you out of buying product if they don't feel it is in your best interest and really test and stand behind what they sell.

·
Registered
516 Posts
I have been dealing with MM for about 10 years now and have always gotten excellant product, advice and customer service from them.

I always check them first when I need parts, if they don't offer it then I go some where else.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts