Mustang and Ford Performance Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It is time now to plan for my brakes and fuel system. I have almost completely stripped the engine bay of the 90 coupe. I have an entire 2001 cobra suspension and fuel system at hand. I want to use the cobra brakes and fuel system. Is that a good idea to use the fuel system? Will the hydra boost mount in place of the vacuum booster or will I have to drill new holes for the hydra boost? do I need 94 or later spindles to work with the cobra calipers and disks? what do you guys think is the best route to take. I just want a stock daily driver that runs really strong. all help is much appreciated. Also , will the cobra tranny shifter line up with the factory hole in the tunnel. I sure hope so I dont want to cut up the console. Which K-member would you use AJE or Performance and would you go with the coil over kit and tubular A arms?
Thanks in advance

·
Registered
151 Posts
The Cobra front brakes must be used with the 96 up spindles and A arms or a .330 thick x .625 bore x 1.300 O.D. spacer must be made for the ball joint to use the 87-93 A arms as the tapered stud on the 87-93 is longer.

The fuel system will be fine until you outgrow it, then it's either go to a dual pump or return style system.

AJE makes some nice parts but the PA will allow he use of the stock style springs(i have not checked to see if AJE offers one to do this). Also no matter which you use the steering rack will be lowered approximately 1 inch which requires 96 up spindles or a bumpsteer kit and with the 96 up spindles, the front tires will be moved out 8mm on each side.
Some modification of stock style A arms is required because they rub the aftermarket K member some at the mounting point.

For the hydra-boost, I believe it bolts right in place of the booster but to be double sure you may want to contact one of the guys who posted in this forum who has recently installed one.

I measured the T 45 and the shifter location was about 4 inches more toward the rear than the 87-93 location, so you may have the same problem with the 3650. I went with the 3550 and it went right in place.

·
Registered
75 Posts
For the hydro boost to fit you will have to knock out one of the four mounting studs that goes through the firewall and drill a new hole in the mouting plate. You will see what i mean if you look at the stock vaccuum booster studs and the hydroboost unit.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts