Mustang and Ford Performance Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Banned
176 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hello lightning crowd! Ive been building alternators for the cobra/bullit/mach 1 & GT crowd here for a few months.Now it's your turn.:bigwink:These are 100% brand new assembled by me from scratch.I use OEM motorcraft voltage regulators,HD aftermarket 60amp 8 diode rectifiers with a pinch connection as well as soldered & epoxyed,new 130 or 200 amp dual lead stators,brand new HD made in USA rotors with american copper & steel,slipring leads also epoxyed.All aluminum housings & hardware are also new.I can build them in either stock 130 amp($300)or hi-output 200 amp if you feel you need that much($345) + shipping.The 200amp will include new #2 AWG cable with 200amp replaceable fuse to handle the extra amperage.These cary a 1 year warranty from date of sale.I have been a starter/alternator rebuilder for 30+ years & am semi-retired so i have fun building these.If you would like one you can reply to post,pm me or call 509-447-0289 pacific time.Sorry for the blurry pics,new camera i havent completely figured out yet:wink:

Attachments

·
Registered
1,110 Posts
how much do you charge to rebuild a mod motor starter?

·
Banned
176 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
do you sell just the regulator for the stock alt?
Not something i want to make a habit of,you really should pull the unit apart & chuck the rotor in a lathe to true the sliprings.If you dont & they have wear,the brushes can bounce,spike the alt & knock out your ECM,or at least spike & blow the regulator.But if you want,i will sell you one $60+ shipping,you buy it it's yours,no warranty.Sorry but not knowing what condition the rest of the unit is in,thats my policy on component part sales.You might check your local ford dealer,part # GR-817.

·
Banned
176 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
how much do you charge to rebuild a mod motor starter?
Assuming your talking about the one pictured.......
Ive seen 4-5 roll thru my shop so far.Lot's of ford trucks here,$115 which includes NEW,solenoid,brushes & holder,over running clutch & pinion(starter drive,bendix...common names for it) & all needle bearings.Field case & armature are re-used if good,otherwise they are replaced & included in the $115 rebuild price.I checked on these before i posted & all i can get as a complete unit to offer is the offshore crap which i wont sell,HOWEVER,my supplier does have some OEM units on order,they will contact me ASAP on a delivery date & price.If you want to ship me yours turnaround is 1 day,& use the $12 flatrate USPS box:smart:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts