Mustang and Ford Performance Forums banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
The Ubiquitous Jimmy V.
3,323 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I went to track rental today...East Coast Stangs...Class Act Club.
I tell everybody to drive easy and all these maniacs:p drive the hell out of there Terminators and guess who breaks his Half Shaft???ME :mad:
:vomit:
Any way I call JDM at 12:30 Tow Truck comes at 1:30..I tell Jim @ JDM no rush Let me know when car is ready..Well driving home at 5:30 as we are passing JDM exit on Turnpike,,Jim calls and tells me the car is done..:shocked
Thank's Jim and Shawn and Ant Knee..

I run a [email protected] with 2.003 60ft..Next pass i get 1.72 60ft go 7.49 to the 1/8 on my way to an 11.6 or 11.7 and i miss 4th...FUG
I try to hot lap and BANG Broken Half Shaft...
So i am still stuck with a S#!T load of 12sec timeslips..

SORRY FOR THE RANT

P.S.
The guys did great..I'll let them post there 11sec timeslips.......

ARRRRRRRGGGGGG!!! :hammer

·
Registered
2,573 Posts
Jim Vaccaro said:
I went to track rental today...East Coast Stangs...Class Act Club.
ARRRRRRRGGGGGG!!! :hammer
Hey Unca Jim,

Sorry to hear about your halfshafts. Are you coming to the SVTOA "American Muscle" drag day on Oct 10th at Leb Valley?

MJ

·
The Ubiquitous Jimmy V.
3,323 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Re: Re: BROKEN HALF SHAFT!! JDM to Rescue

mjchip said:
Hey Unca Jim,

Sorry to hear about your halfshafts. Are you coming to the SVTOA "American Muscle" drag day on Oct 10th at Leb Valley?

MJ
Sorry MJ i can't make it...I really wanted to go..Had great time last year..

·
Registered
2,573 Posts
Re: Re: Re: BROKEN HALF SHAFT!! JDM to Rescue

Jim Vaccaro said:
Sorry MJ i can't make it...I really wanted to go..Had great time last year..
Dang, that sucks.

MJ

·
The Ubiquitous Jimmy V.
3,323 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Bill
Jim did it break on launch?

YEAP

·
Registered
2,809 Posts
Sorry to hear that Jim, seems like thats happening a lot lately. At least JDM was able to take care of you. I like the irs but this is the main reason Im getting things together to do the swap. :)

·
The Ubiquitous Jimmy V.
3,323 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Mustang Mike said:
Sorry to hear that Jim, seems like thats happening a lot lately. At least JDM was able to take care of you. I like the irs but this is the main reason Im getting things together to do the swap. :)
I am with you Mike..I have been driving this car at the track like a FRUIT CAKE and first time go for the gusto,,KABOOM..
I have an 04 Mach1 Auto on order..I might just switch the 2 rears...I want to drop the hammer and not CRINGE.

·
Registered
2,809 Posts
Jim Vaccaro said:
I am with you Mike..I have been driving this car at the track like a FRUIT CAKE and first time go for the gusto,,KABOOM..
I have an 04 Mach1 Auto on order..I might just switch the 2 rears...I want to drop the hammer and not CRINGE.
I heard the rear in the 04 Mach 1 is going to be a little different than the gt and last 03 mach 1. If this is true what's the upgrades?

·
The Ubiquitous Jimmy V.
3,323 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Mustang Mike said:
I heard the rear in the 04 Mach 1 is going to be a little different than the gt and last 03 mach 1. If this is true what's the upgrades?
Mike i really don't think they are much different..I'd upgrade the axles though.

·
Banned
1,265 Posts
Leave it to uncle Jimmy......NICE man .....John told me before i seen this.....YOU DA MAN!!!

Jay

·
Registered
246 Posts
Jim, Sorry to hear about the your halfshaft breaking that is why i keep launching like a fruitcake ;) Kudos goes to team JDM for arriving there quickly and fixing your car the same day! How did you launch your car differently when you ran your 1.72 60ft.?

·
The Ubiquitous Jimmy V.
3,323 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
How did you launch your car differently when you ran your 1.72 60ft.?

I just came out harder after small burnout..Next time smaller burnout and even harder..I got Greedy..
Been away from the manuals for awhile..I been driving and racing my Auto Gt last few years...

·
The Ubiquitous Jimmy V.
3,323 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Vector said:
Where did it break at Jim?

Did you just replace with stock or with different ones

Thanks Jeff
It was drivers side..I don't know what broke..JDM has stock shafts in stock..He told me he is waiting on better aftermarket shafts hopefully in a few weeks.

·
Premium Member
882 Posts
Jim Vaccaro said:
.Next pass i get 1.72 60ft go 7.49 to the 1/8 on my way to an 11.6 or 11.7 and i miss 4th...FUG
I try to hot lap and BANG Broken Half Shaft...
Wow! That's nearly identical to my broken half shaft story last spring! Even the missed 4th shift on what would have been my first 11 second run. :mad:
Glad you got back on the road so quickly...that's great service.

·
Banned
1,888 Posts
Sorry to hear it, Jim. Sorry to hear about the ALMOST 11-second pass too. Instead of a new best timeslip, you have a "the big fish that got away" story.

:lol :hammer

Hang in there, man. You'll get it!

Rich

·
Registered
2,573 Posts
HAMMER said:
Sorry to hear it, Jim. Sorry to hear about the ALMOST 11-second pass too. Instead of a new best timeslip, you have a "the big fish that got away" story.

:lol :hammer

Hang in there, man. You'll get it!

Rich
This Friday I'm going to put in the 100hp nitrous jet and gun for my first 10.99 run providing that I can tow the car down to Leb Valley on a trailer (in case it breaks). Best so far has been [email protected] with the 75hp jet with crappy 60' times.

MJ

·
Registered
8,192 Posts
First, Jimmy, ole bud, you rock! Don't let it get you down. Hell, you don't let much bother you, so just go with the flow, and soon you'll be where you want to be.

2nd, MJ, if I don't see a video of that 10.99 run, then we'll have problems! TAKE THE VIDEO CAMERA!!! ;)

1 - 20 of 32 Posts