Mustang and Ford Performance Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Yup went on over this past weekend and met up with Eric and his wife. I must say they are a fun pair to be around always having a great time! I really enjoyed myself and am glad I brought my car to him. Even though we did not have SCT datalogging capabilities since SCT hasnt released them for my car yet(even after a years notice it was top priority) we were still able to monitor mostly everything with the guages I had hooked up. I think we spent around 6-7 hours on the dyno....Eric went out of his way to make sure we had everything as good as we could get it before taking it off the dyno. I really appreciate all the time and effort he put into tuning the car. Heck even his brother that was over wiring up the ole modfox took some time to come help us out on a few things(sorry I wont drop another timing gear nut :) )

On the drive home I was cruising at a respectable speed ;) At one point the speedo went to 0mph and I wondered WTH! Everything seemed ok driving so I kept going. At one point I even turned the car off and then back on rolling on the I-state to see if it just needed to be power cycled. When I was ready to get some gas I pulled off and at the stop light I smelled tranny fluid. I hurried and pulled over at the chevron around 40 miles from home to find tranny fluid pouring out of the car. I am guessing somehow the axle backed out or the clip broke that holds it in place. Oh well these things happen and it will be inspected and replaced with a new axle and clip soon.

Thanks again for being a great welcoming party and sharing your home with me. You guys went above and beyond anything I could ever expect from anyone. I left my cable to flash the xcal with behind, but will go buy another at radio shack or do they sell them there? When you get a chance send me the dyno graphs and file.

Just a FYI I asked around and the torque curve that was going down like it was is due to boost leaks. Once I for sure fix that issue it will raise on up like it should be....I am sure I will prob need to add some fuel at that time, but just letting you know since that boggled our minds.

P.S. Say hello to the weiners and the cool black dog....I liked her. I will have to get guitar hero so I can own you guys next time I visit!

·
Premium Member
19,260 Posts
Yup went on over this past weekend and met up with Eric and his wife. I must say they are a fun pair to be around always having a great time! I really enjoyed myself and am glad I brought my car to him. Even though we did not have SCT datalogging capabilities since SCT hasnt released them for my car yet(even after a years notice it was top priority) we were still able to monitor mostly everything with the guages I had hooked up. I think we spent around 6-7 hours on the dyno....Eric went out of his way to make sure we had everything as good as we could get it before taking it off the dyno. I really appreciate all the time and effort he put into tuning the car. Heck even his brother that was over wiring up the ole modfox took some time to come help us out on a few things(sorry I wont drop another timing gear nut :) )

On the drive home I was cruising at a respectable speed ;) At one point the speedo went to 0mph and I wondered WTH! Everything seemed ok driving so I kept going. At one point I even turned the car off and then back on rolling on the I-state to see if it just needed to be power cycled. When I was ready to get some gas I pulled off and at the stop light I smelled tranny fluid. I hurried and pulled over at the chevron around 40 miles from home to find tranny fluid pouring out of the car. I am guessing somehow the axle backed out or the clip broke that holds it in place. Oh well these things happen and it will be inspected and replaced with a new axle and clip soon.

Thanks again for being a great welcoming party and sharing your home with me. You guys went above and beyond anything I could ever expect from anyone. I left my cable to flash the xcal with behind, but will go buy another at radio shack or do they sell them there? When you get a chance send me the dyno graphs and file.

Just a FYI I asked around and the torque curve that was going down like it was is due to boost leaks. Once I for sure fix that issue it will raise on up like it should be....I am sure I will prob need to add some fuel at that time, but just letting you know since that boggled our minds.

P.S. Say hello to the weiners and the cool black dog....I liked her. I will have to get guitar hero so I can own you guys next time I visit!
Kevin, I appreciate the opportunity to tune my first Dodge. Much easier than I expected and from here on I can only get better at it once we get some sort of datalogging.

The cable is just a standard USB cable. I'll send the graphs up and the final tune file shortly.

EB

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Kevin, I appreciate the opportunity to tune my first Dodge. Much easier than I expected and from here on I can only get better at it once we get some sort of datalogging.

The cable is just a standard USB cable. I'll send the graphs up and the final tune file shortly.

EB
If HP tuners comes out with there setup before data logging comes out for mine with the SCT I will be selling the SCT and getting HP Tuners instead. Sounds good on the cable I will get one today after work. Thanks again!

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
It was so fun having you Kevin, thanks for the nice thread! Chloe (black dog) says wazzzzzzzup! You are welcome back anytime! I highly doubt you'll be schooling me in Guitar Hero though, you better start practicing. :rofl2:

Sorry again to hear about your axle mishap. I'm glad you were almost home when it happened.
Thanks! I am going to buy the game just so I can school you :)

·
Registered
873 Posts
Yeah Eric and Elisa are okay peeps, and his tuning abilities are pretty good too.:)

Elisa and her guitar hero addiction...I had nothing to do with that......haha
I schooled her once or twice.

·
My car hates me
503 Posts
Elisa, how many weiners do you guys have? Longhair? Wire? Short? My gf has two of her own. I'll try and get some pics sometime. Fenway is brown and Daisy is black. They're adorable.

·
Registered
873 Posts
And Weenie is a pimp!

·
Registered
1,114 Posts
We finally got another one from the rescue place, very frustrating process that took almost 4 months. So we now have 18mo old Sophie and 18mo old Brigit. They hit it right off, worked out very well in the end. I told the boss no more, until we start booting out some kids....lol

·
Banned
203 Posts
Elisa just loves weiners...what else is there to say?

The Brooks's are AWESOME people. I have really enjoyed hanging out as well. Its been a while too. Dang, ive been true loving too much. I need to get back over there and get schooled on some guitar hero. You may get me at that but just try me on the drums....thats a big NO NO. I rock that shit......on medium, lol

·
Registered
3,131 Posts
Poor ole Paxton. No mention of her, I bet she feels left out. Weeny is a pimp though.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.