Mustang and Ford Performance Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
406 Posts
Was the old Moroso there or was that Dade? I used to live in that area and it really blew when they shut down Moroso in Miami due to snobs buying houses near the dragstrip then complaining of the noise - morons!

·
Registered
2,357 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
That was in Broward it was west of I-75 on Pines Blvd. It was in the middle of nowhere and they started building houses. Then the people moving into the houses started complaining about the noise. Like what the hell were you thinking when you moved next to a drag strip.

·
Registered
22 Posts
The old hollywood sportotorium! I grew up racing dirt bikes back behind there. I loved that place. Was even at the last drag race. It was a shame when they closed that down. I really hope they build a new one, that would be great. I might have to make a trip down there for old times sake. Ever been to Moroso in Palm Beach County, near the old Pratt Whitney plant? Not to bad of a place.

·
Registered
406 Posts
Yea, I used to go to the Palm Bch Moroso many years ago - was closer to the house than the Broward Co. one. It is a nice track and I went back there about 2 mo ago during test and tune when I was visiting. A lot of rice there but still a few stangs. It was real cool back in the early 90's when all you saw were stangs and GNs (a few slow camaros too).

1 - 5 of 5 Posts