Mustang and Ford Performance Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
325 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am still new to all of this, so thanks for your patience. I am wondering what is causing my car to burn leaner each run when I dyno her?

·
Registered
661 Posts
What is your a/f on the 1st run, then the 2 and 3rd ?
1=
2=
3=
The reason it may go up is the car is getting hotter, Air intake is hotter, Blower heat, I need to see the dnyo sheet.

·
Registered
516 Posts
Is a/f being monitered by a bung before the cats or by a tailpipe sniffer?

If it is by a tailpipe sniffer you may have an exhaust leak.

·
Registered
325 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Nitrous pete

The very first time I dynoed, they didn't have a wideband, but I noticed that each run on the dyno sheet I was loosing hp and torque. Here are my hp and torque #'s on the first time of dyno
1 = 438.8hp & 473.3torque
2 = 432.1hp & 459.5torque
3 = 418.6hp & 458.0torque
and no A/F because of no wideband

2nd time dynoing and I also changed the mufflers
1 = 446.9hp & 506.4 torque @12.3 A/F
2 = 456.0hp & 470.1 torque @ 13.1 A/F

trmn8r

And the wideband was checking at the talilpipe, so how little of an exhaust leak will cause her to burn lean?

Rick

This is chet, I called you the other day on my sit, and thanks for helping me. I am trying to get my scanner up and running, but she doesn't like Windows XP, so I am going to copy my dyno sheets tomorrow. After I hung up with you I started to think after reading some other threads about exhaust leaks causing to burn lean, so I decided to ask your guy opionions instead of calling. Then if it is a leak; I can take it to the muffler shop and have them check it? Do you still want me to send the chip back before having the exhaust checked?
Also, whatever it is, I noticed a big drop difference in torque when dynoing her, we first ran her without the fan, then let the motor cool and turned the fan on, if this info helps?
Let me know guys, and I do appreciate everyones help.

:)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts