Mustang and Ford Performance Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Continuation of the other thread.

Will a chip void my warranty? Will a C.A.I void my warranty? Will a cat-back exhaust void my warranty? Will a K&N filter void my warranty? Will using another brand oil void my warranty?

·
Registered
1,110 Posts
thats for your dealer to decide, seriously i'm not going to debate such an open ended question. depending on the kits used and their overall function they have everyright to refuse to work on the truck(under warranty) if they are sure that the part in question caused a failure. most dealers will look the otherway on most things since it is money coming threw the door. just depends on how willing they are to satisfy there customers.

·
Registered
924 Posts
I have taken my truck to the dealer several times for warranty work with the slicks on rubber all over the back of it . Chip still in the pcm ,vender name on the doors,nmra permanent number and dial in on the windows work completed no questions asked. Had trans,drive shaftand rear end rebuit no problem.: Goes to show you it's all up to the dealer if they want the business they will help you.:blob

·
Registered
352 Posts
Ive had major warranty work granted with all of my mods. I got new 03 heads. Believe me, i have caked on rubber since i goto the track once or twice a week. IT DOES help to have someone at the dealer associated with our local club.

The newest warranty voided is tire tread depth. Ask some of the cobra guys about it.:shocked

·
Registered
375 Posts
Venomous Mofo said:
The newest warranty voided is tire tread depth. Ask some of the cobra guys about it.:shocked
I think that is BS personally. I love how car makers always show performance cars doing burnouts and 4x4's going thru deep mud. But yet if you do the same thing they void you warranty. I had a 00 Chevy Blazer ZR2 4x4. Paid close to $2,000 extra for the "offroad" suspension. Yet when I took it in for work, they tell me it has been abused offroad. I said that is what it was built for and if you don't fix, don't call me it can sit on your lot and I am not making anymore payments on the POS. So two rearends later, I was back on the road. :p Losers. -Mat-

·
Registered
447 Posts
03 Cobra guys are having warranty's voided due to tire depth. Of course I would state they are used tires that I installed until winter...or something.

I personally know a Lightning owner who had his warranty voided for 16" wheels and tires.

·
Registered
164 Posts
Putting air in your tires will void the warranty.:king

1 - 13 of 13 Posts