Mustang and Ford Performance Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
how much power should i get with the c&l power pipe and the heat shield?i know i been losing power with an open filter in the engine bay.i have a mac c.a.i pipe now that gets to hot to touch.will i feel a difference?

·
Registered
100 Posts
Are you talking about putting the MAF in the fender???

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
no

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
c&l claims 28rwhp from this set-up n/a but i think more like 10-14

·
Registered
100 Posts
Ok. I would have to agree that the numbers arent as high as C&L would like us to think. The deal with the C&L is that it minimizes the bends while keeping the filter shielded from the engine bay (pretty decently I suppose). I thought you were talking about an AFM power pipe that puts the MAF in the fenderwell, the C&L is called a TrueFlow inlet pipe.

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
i hope a tenth or two

·
Registered
100 Posts
I doubt that a C&L setup will take 2 tenths off by itself...that is asking a lot.

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
well i think im losing a tenth by having an open filter sucking 50-60* hotter air then with the heat shield

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
so with the pipe and shield 2 tenths then now

·
Registered
100 Posts
well with the shield you will be doing a better job at keeping the air cool...certainly. I just dont know about two tenths off your ET. Best way to know is to go to the track and then let us know. I would be surprised at two tenths...one tenth is more reasonable...and not a bad gain for an MAF. You might get it but Im just skeptical. Maybe if you were running some kind of SC.

·
Registered
406 Posts
With the C&L mass air meter and trueflow inlet pipe, you should drop your et by 1 - 1.5 tenths; although you might get 2. The typical gain is a peak of 15-18 at the wheels and 12-14 over most of the RPM range. Try it and see.

·
Registered
100 Posts
Well I bought the 80mm setup with the trueflow inlet pipe for my 97. I hope I can get 2/3rds of that, but I wont hold my breath.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts