Mustang and Ford Performance Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
313 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Let me know what you're running. I'm fixing to order everything, but I'm still undecided on the converter size. The shop is telling me that my Procharged setup with about 400rwhp should only need a 3000, 3500 max. That seems a little tight to me, but I am new to this auto stuff. Oh, the trans will have a brake.

My goal is 10.9's with stock internals, so I need all the 60' I can get......

Power
converter
gears
tires
60'

·
Registered
2,760 Posts
i would go with a looser converter than that. I went with a 3800 on my 4r70w and it seems like the sweet spot. It flashes right into boost and car gets up and goes off the line decent for a road race suspension that's in my car. I don't have a brake, but my buddy with a 4000 stall and c4 from dynamic says he can bring it right to 4k and builds 9 psi off the brake with his d1sc on his 2v car

·
Registered
313 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
i would go with a looser converter than that. I went with a 3800 on my 4r70w and it seems like the sweet spot. It flashes right into boost and car gets up and goes off the line decent for a road race suspension that's in my car. I don't have a brake, but my buddy with a 4000 stall and c4 from dynamic says he can bring it right to 4k and builds 9 psi off the brake with his d1sc on his 2v car
Your buddy with the c4, what kind of 60's is he getting?

·
Registered
492 Posts
ya another thing to look at also is at what rpm is the car makin power.

·
Registered
313 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
ya another thing to look at also is at what rpm is the car makin power.
don't have the blower on yet, so I don't know. I don't want to take it over 6000 with the stock internals.

·
2V powered
3,867 Posts
You need to talk to the company that will build your converter. This is who did my 9.5" converter.
broaderperformance.com

·
Registered
2,760 Posts
don't have the blower on yet, so I don't know. I don't want to take it over 6000 with the stock internals.
hes kinda hush hush about his times as he runs the car on the street a lot. He's faster than me though. He has a built 2v though with heads/cams etc. I've revved my stock motor to 6500-6600 and it's been surviving so far :) you will prob be ok as long as you got enough fuel. I would go overkill on the fuel system personally just to be safe. I did twin walbros and a glenns sleeper tank with -10 feed, -8 return, upr rails, and an aeromotive regulator.

Definately check out Dynamic or Ultimate Converter Concepts for c4 converters

1 - 7 of 7 Posts