Mustang and Ford Performance Forums banner
1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Premium Member
8,802 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey guys...looking to swap a c4 into my Cobra (currently has a 4r70w) and I really want a shifter in the stock location. what are you guys running?

·
Registered
16 Posts
what did you have to do to get it in there? im looking to do the same thing so the more info the better thanks. also im looking for a 1/4 stick pistol grip if anyone has one for sale. CASH IN HAND

·
Registered
3,341 Posts
This is how I did mine.

Somebody on here I can't remember who makes a really nice aluminum bezel.

·
Premium Member
8,802 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
This is how I did mine.

Somebody on here I can't remember who makes a really nice aluminum bezel.
see now I like that...looks to be in the perfect position...but I cant stand the empty stock shifter area. I would have to mold a new dash up or osmething

·
Premium Member
8,802 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·

·
Registered
313 Posts
I like this auto setup..

·
2V powered
3,866 Posts
thats nice too. i want to know were people are getting these plates that look like they just bolt in easy
His screen name is 4sdvenom.
My shifter is a reverse style. It is only close to the radio when in park.My shifter has never been a problem where it is at.

·
Banned
1,116 Posts
hey guys...looking to swap a c4 into my Cobra (currently has a 4r70w) and I really want a shifter in the stock location. what are you guys running?
I'm sorry man that I don't have pics, but the B&M Hammer will fit right in place of the stock shifter.
PM Jeckler on this site and ask the midget to get ya some pics.....if he still has my combo.

·
Registered
3,341 Posts
His screen name is 4sdvenom.
My shifter is a reverse style. It is only close to the radio when in park.My shifter has never been a problem where it is at.
Thats his name. He's got some cool shit made up for sure. When I get some extra cash I'm going to buy his piece.

·
Premium Member
8,802 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I'm sorry man that I don't have pics, but the B&M Hammer will fit right in place of the stock shifter.
PM Jeckler on this site and ask the midget to get ya some pics.....if he still has my combo.
i currently urn the hammer...was just trying to get away from having to stay in 3rd after a track pass. nice to be able to toss it in neutral

·
Registered
240 Posts
i have been thinking about going to an auto. If i did, it would be a c4. I have a t45 now, so what would it take to do the swap? trans, flywheel, shifter, adapter plate..... am i leaving anything out??

·
Banned
1,116 Posts
i currently urn the hammer...was just trying to get away from having to stay in 3rd after a track pass. nice to be able to toss it in neutral
I would assume that all you'd have to do is get a standard shift pattern Hammer then.
Mine had a neat shifter handle on it....NOT the one it comes with.

·
Premium Member
8,802 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
I would assume that all you'd have to do is get a standard shift pattern Hammer then.
Mine had a neat shifter handle on it....NOT the one it comes with.
yea..the race trans w/ brake has to be reverse pattern I was told

·
Premium Member
8,802 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
i have been thinking about going to an auto. If i did, it would be a c4. I have a t45 now, so what would it take to do the swap? trans, flywheel, shifter, adapter plate..... am i leaving anything out??
misc bolts (flywheel bolts are diff)....possibly a driveshaft...controller if you want full auto

and a converter!!

1 - 20 of 42 Posts