Mustang and Ford Performance Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey, do any of you use California Dusters on your '03s? I have one, and I used it once in a while on my GT with no ill effects that I noticed, but somehow the idea of running something across surface dust and small particles on my Cobra's paint... Thanks!

Frank

·
Registered
521 Posts
I've never used it on my 03, but you would think that it would tear up a clear coat. Having a Black one, I cant see doing it. I spray it off with water real good then dry.

·
Registered
218 Posts
> Hey, do any of you use California Dusters on your '03s?

On a daily basis. Great for in-between-car-wash dustings.

·
Registered
229 Posts
Remember to spread your duster out on newspaper and let dry overnight! It is impregnated with paraffin wax, and needs a good drying to keep it from smearing across your paint.

After it gets good and dirty, it really works good. Keep a thick coat of your favorite polish on it, makes cleaning a breeze.

I'm a Zaino fan, ymmv.

·
Registered
218 Posts
> 03_Sonic_Blur: [California Duster] needs a good drying to keep it from smearing across your paint.

Correct. The paraffin_needs to be cured before use.

·
Registered
516 Posts
I used to use a California Duster on my 96' black Cobra vert. It worked great as long as I kept a good coat of wax on the car. It's no substitute for a good wash but takes up the slack in between.

G

·
The California Duster is all my car sees. That and polish/terry cloth.

You should have no probs. I have been using those duster for atleast 13 years or more

Hot Rod(Water is a a dirty word with my Cobra)Harry :D

·
Registered
78 Posts
Use the Mini Duster on my Interior only, works good. You never need to put on that Amour All or any greasy shit in your interior.

I would not rub anything over my paint without the use of water.

·
Registered
15 Posts
I use it on a daily basis. We have so many oak trees down here that are pollinating the air, it is ridiculous. Every morning I go out to the car and see alayer of green pollen film all over the car.

·
Registered
15 Posts
03_Sonic_Blur said:
Remember to spread your duster out on newspaper and let dry overnight! It is impregnated with paraffin wax, and needs a good drying to keep it from smearing across your paint.

After it gets good and dirty, it really works good. Keep a thick coat of your favorite polish on it, makes cleaning a breeze.

I'm a Zaino fan, ymmv.
Can you explain this process in a little more detail as I have had the duster for 3 weeks now and am not aware of the cleaning procedures? Thanks.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts