Mustang and Ford Performance Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I need some input from fellow supercharged Cobras.
I am thinking about removing all the "stupid" sensors since I live in Texas. My car has surging problems while driving and I figured I would get rid of the EGR, PCV, and Air smog pump plus any others anyone suggests. I think once these are removed I can have the car reprogrammed (needs a new programming anyhow) to remove the CEL and error codes that will result from removing everything.
What have any of the others s/c cobra folks out there done? What would you suggest?
PS: Thinking of taking the car to LMR to have it dyno tuned. Anyone local have any other ideas on where to take the car? Haven't had much success with Houston performance who did my last tune.
I have the following performance upgrades:
In tank Walbro 255lph w/ inline Bosch inline pump
Fully built/forged motor w/ 42lbs injectors
Vortech sq T-trim w/ 3.40 pulley
Longtubes w/ catback Cobra R side exhaust
T56 6 speed tranny
Adjustable fuel pressure regulator for boost

· Registered
989 Posts
i get all this stuff out of the engine, the only mistake i get is that i get 2 valve cover breather instead of catchcan, do be shy take all this off then get 2 catch can to get the pressure off from the valve cover and thats it

· Registered
180 Posts
My EGR is deleted. I have breather filters on both of my valve covers right now, but I will be going to a catch can setup this spring.

Have you thought about converting to a blow thru MAF setup? Occasionally some people having surging issues made the coversion and it took care of the surging for them. I am not saying that you need to do this, but everyone who has done this says the car responds so much better and behaves like a stock car or better. I just got done switching to blow thru on my Cobra when I added the intercooler. I haven't had the opportunity to tune her yet to see how she behaves.

· Registered
1,498 Posts
how much boost are you running?
At what rpm/driving conditions, fuel level does it surge?
What ignition upgrades?

I currently have everything except IMRC and the car never surged once (well at least before the oil pump took a shit),

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.