Mustang and Ford Performance Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
325 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hey Bubba;

Have you ever tried modifying the stock plenum and TBs to see what performance improvements our 03's might gain from? If so, what was the results? :D

·
Banned
2,034 Posts
It works on my car, I'm sure I'll get negative response to my post about it, but it definetly makes power. And yes I know, I beleive I was questioned on that before.

·
Banned
2,034 Posts
I got pictures up on my post about the BBK tb. It's up right now

·
Registered
661 Posts
They are talking about the stock t/b, Not BBK !
If you have the bbk its not stock ? nitro
Oh and the difference in the 2 are not far apart, bbk, vs single blade ! This was hashed out several times . peace

G

·
The manifold can be ported like F8TLBITE did. That does help , thats for sure. But for me the total package is the BilletFlow Throttlebody and their Manifold. It works great! Especially on modified cars. Thats where the huge benefit comes into play.

Harry
www.Nitrous.com

·
Registered
325 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks guys

I have the Billet flow and love it. I was just wondering what could be done because i love to tinker or piddle around. You know how it is?
I believe Pete is beginning to rub off on me. I think Pete has two names now. Nitrous Pete and Piddling Pete. LOL
We love ya Pete!:p

Chet

G

·
Wedding coming up and maken stuff for Icky-Ray has me VERY busy!

If I find some time I'll post up some pic's of what I would do to the plenum.

You have to remember, you'll only see about 1/2 the gains as the BilletFlow compaired to the BBK & welded up and ported stock plenum.

Returning to a stock set up is very important because of the warranty, so you need to get an extra , stock plenum.

so

1] BBK about 375
2] extra stock plenum 250-325
3] welding 50-100
4] hand porting and smoothing all the welds (free but very messy)
5] run around time for the stock plenum and weld $$$
6] then RE-powder coating the plenum $$$(it took us 2 months to get the color right)

$675-$800+ and alot of work and running around of only about 4-8HP isn't really worth it... IMO

This is why we made a TB and a totally new, re-designed Plenum.

And our TB looks WAAAAAAY better then the BBK cast unit.

Hope this helps :)

·
Banned
2,034 Posts
You Really don't need to cut and weld but to make it seem like a lot, it sounds good to me. Of course the billet looks better:jawdrop but IMO it cost to much for no hp, you make an excellent product but you do get in an uproar about everything. I was letting the guy know I had a picture up of my ported stock inlet.

G

·
uproar??? what uproar?

anyway....

I never said anything about cutting.

Although, your right one 1 point, you don't need to weld if your going to leave in the obstructions on the outlet end of the plenum and only do half the job, which is how I see, you did yours.

I simply stated what I would do.:cool:

As for "no hp"

We, along with many....many others have proven that statment false.:rolleyes:

Hope this helps

·
Banned
2,034 Posts
I give up with you, I guess your right the BBK and my crappy port job doesn't make any HP, obviously that's why I went 10.9 with the piece of crap.:p

G

·
Now who's in an uproar?

I never said you did a crappy job, only that I would have taken the port job farther.

Also

I never said that the BBK didn't make any HP.
<quoted from my post above>
"about 4-8 HP "

and

I never said your car is slow or crappy!

If you're having a bad day, just say so.
It would explain you total misreading what I wrote.
It would also explain why you're getting so defensive.

and if you Reread MineralGray03's post ....he was asking ME a specific question....

I quoted his post so you could read it again.

MineralGray03 said:
Hey Bubba;

Have you ever tried modifying the stock plenum and TBs to see what performance improvements our 03's might gain from? If so, what was the results? :D
I wasn't knocking anyone's craftmanship or the gains from said craftmanship.

Simply put, I answered MineralGray03's question.

P.S. now I give up:p

·
Banned
2,034 Posts
I'm not in an uproar or having a bad day. I don't have a problem with anyone on this board including yourself. He was asking you about porting the stock inlet so I chimed in to let him no I had pictures of a ported stock on up. I didn't attempt to remove the little dip on the right side by the blower because it really isn't going to do anything, so all I was doing was letting him see a pic.

·
Banned
2,034 Posts
Me either, no problems from me at all, I was just letting you know about the pics of my ported stock one. Hope it showed you enough.:)

1 - 16 of 16 Posts