Mustang and Ford Performance Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just installed some stock 98 cobra heads on a 4 valve of mine and I used 98 cobra in. cams and 03 ex. cams. I used the 03 cobra cam gears on both sets of cams. I probably should have but I didnt degree the cams at this time. I just installed the gears in the stock place were the keyway was. My question is are the 03 cam gears on the 98 cams going to be OK? Or am I going to run into some kind of problem? I have not started the engine yet but I did spin it to prime the oil system and it seems fine. I mean there is no interference. This may be a stupid question and a little late but I would like to know before I start the engine. Thanks

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks I was beginning to wounder if anyone was going to help. Does it help much to degree the cams on a supercharged application?

·
1,834 Posts
Thanks I was beginning to wounder if anyone was going to help. Does it help much to degree the cams on a supercharged application?
Degreeing them to the stock location or to a different LC? I recommend you advance the intakes to 110 and leave the exhaust at 114 for a centri-charged engine and leaving them at the stock location for PD blown enignes.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts