Mustang and Ford Performance Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Newb time:

Can you install cams without taking out the engine? What about a bullit manifold?

One more random question... Do long tubes pass emisions?

Thanks for the help :)

·
Registered
492 Posts
Long tubes are illegal in most states. Not because of the emissions, but on the visual inspection is where it would fail.

Cams can be done without removing the engine.

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Are they illegal in cali? If you don't know... where can I find out? I could probably call the DMV and ask, but they probably wouldn't know the answer.

What about the intake though? I'm assuming that a bullit manifold needs to be put in with the engine out, but correct me if I'm wrong.

Thanks for the help

·
Registered
100 Posts
The bullitt manifold can go on without taking the engine out. It sets on the very top.

·
Registered
492 Posts
Your asking about California, the most "anything you do to your car is illegal" state? C'mon. If you really want to find out for sure, talk to a reputable inspection facility. They are the ones that are going to fail you or not :)

·
Registered
482 Posts
Well you would have to see if they have a CARB EO number.

But if you want to get technical, it is illegal to remove a functional catalytic converter under 50k miles....so even if you put a cat system on the car, they could bust your chops if they want to. Most don't and if you have your EO numbers and you can pass the sniffer, you will be ok.

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I'm not even gonna bother with lts then. Thanks for the help! Now I just have to worry about finding some cash ;)

Thanks again

1 - 7 of 7 Posts