Mustang and Ford Performance Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ive previously posted a thread about pacesetter lt's to put on my 02 gt. i had some 50/50 feedback and have made the ultimate decision to not go with them despite the outstanding price. i am going to buy cam's kit that comes with the h pipe. 499.00 shipped(good price i think) just wanted to get some feedback on these. my buddy has a cam h pipe and says its a little work but he has mac longtubes. any opinions on fitment or anything else.

feedback appreciated
thanks

·
Super Moderator
3,538 Posts
I have CAM LTs, they are actually really nice quality for the money. My only complaint is the fact that the collectors seem to be angled outwards instead of being straight making it difficult to fit my H pipe on. Otherwise i've had no leaks out of them and they don't scrap and my car sits pretty low up front.

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
where did you find this deal?
found it on ebay. however the buy it now offer ended today, so im not sure if its still available. i did find the pypes brand Lt's for 360 with free shipping, and the h pipe is 109. thats stll even cheaper than cam.

·
Super Moderator
3,538 Posts

·
Registered
178 Posts
found it on ebay. however the buy it now offer ended today, so im not sure if its still available. i did find the pypes brand Lt's for 360 with free shipping, and the h pipe is 109. thats stll even cheaper than cam.
ok, well damn.. Pypes wont fit an auto setup..already talked to them..

·
Registered
1,563 Posts
ok, well damn.. Pypes wont fit an auto setup..already talked to them..
Really! I was told the PYPES are copies of the CAMS, which are copies of the CAMS. I believe the CAMS are available at www.mustangwarehouse.com which is in New York where I am, 8% tax! Who has PYPES for $360. SHIPPED? BLUEOVALINDUSTRIES ON EBAY? THEY DON'T ANSWER EMAILS WHEN I ASK A QUESTION AND THEY HAVE THE WORST FEEDBACK THIS SIDE OF SEAN HYLAND MOTORSPORTS.

I thought there were guys with the PYPES on automatics as I have an auto and was looking at them when they had the $40. rebate that ended on 2/15. I'm about to get shorties and call it done as it's getting old. Even a guy whogot Americans at $1000. had to trim a bit here and there. American said I should get their 1 3/4" tubing and they would upgrade them to 3" collectors for free. Of course I would need their mid pipe as who makes a 3": mid pipe that is common to fit the 3" collector? Can't seespending a grand on a 7K car!

·
Registered
178 Posts
Really! I was told the PYPES are copies of the CAMS, which are copies of the CAMS.
I thought there were guys with the PYPES on automatics as I have an auto
I spoke with their CS and they said to make them work the oil pan would need to be modified and the 02's would have to be moved..Not worth the trouble..

·
Registered
312 Posts
I've been watchin these same headers for a while too and if you google the part number the ebay seller gives you find its a steeda part number. I'm prolly gonna get a set soon as well. They're stainless steel and still cheaper than just about every other chrome LT headers.

·
Registered
683 Posts
It's funny how CAM is MAC spelled backwards LOL...

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
lol, yeah thats funny...well i just ended up ordering mac LT's from stangmods(349.00 shipped) and i got my h pipe from late model resto. i paid 188 shipped for that. i was going to get it from mac, but both their west and midwest dealers had them on a 3 week back order!

·
Registered
559 Posts
i have the CAMs with a TKO. no issues with o2 sensors or oil pan fitment with them. they were easier to install than my old BBKs. been over a year and they still look great. for the price you cant beat them.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts