Mustang and Ford Performance Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A guy is trying to tell me a cam swap will not help a 2V that much. I've heard a few 2V's that sound bada** with different cams but never knew the power increase #'s per $'s spent. Anyone have a clue? Here's this guys post and mods. I asked him why drop an aftermarket block in his car without giving it a little lump and more power. He said that the cams don't make a difference for the money.

What is a SLP SS and How can I beat him?
I saw a SLP SS ( if you know what the SLP means could you please explain to me? ) out and he started messing with me. We were on the highway and he was looking at me and nodded that he wanted a run. I dropped into 3rd and waited for him to nail it. I jumped out a nose and as I hit my power band 4-5500 RPM i nosed about 1\2 car link ahead. I nailed 4th and maintained that lead untill we caught up to traffic.
1999 Mustang GT
My Mods:
DSS Short Block with stock cams
FRPP Shorty Headers
Bassani x-pipe
Borla Exhaust
RAM kevlar Clutch
FRPP Aluminum flywheel
FRPP underdrive pulleys
FRPP aluminum Drive Shaft
FRPP 3:73 gears
MAC shifter
Jet Chip
C&L MAF
K&N
FRPP 70 MM TB

I don't make over 300 HP for sure. How in heck did this happen That guy should have walked me fast. I guess he just sucked at driving or had a LT1 with the SS treatment.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Well SLP is just an aftermarket company that was contracted through Chevrolet to make the modifications to the Z28 camaros. Really the Package just gave you a new hood/cold-air intake. Cat-back and a short throw shifter. I believe you could also get a different gear ratio as well. Different wheels were also part of the package as was emblems and other astetic touches. If it was an Lt1 SS than with your mods you should have won. If it was a 98-2002 LS1 than either something was wrong with the car or he couldnt drive.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
i wasn't asking what a ss was. i've owned one. i was asking how much power cams made in a 2v but since this post is from 2003 i've received my answer.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts