Mustang and Ford Performance Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
643 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm working on a solid rear swap into my 04 Cobra. I like the idea of weight-jacker style lca's with the adjustable spring perch. What I don't like is the high price tag for this style of lca, but if need be, I'll certainly purchase a weightjacker of some sort.

One question I have is, can I use a nice non-adjustable lca and use an airback to manipulate preload to the right rear instead, or is this just plain "being a cheap-skate"?
I'm asking because I already have 2 air-lift bags under my irs.

Also some people say that spherical bushings cause alot of interior noise compared to poly bushings, but some people say the difference in NVH is hardly noticeable, and if it isn't noticeable I certainly want what's best for straight-line performance.

Any help would be great and please elaborate on your experiences either way.

· Registered
1,689 Posts
Air bags and weight jacker LCAs serve two different purposes. Weight jackers adjust ride height and airbags are just to prevent spring compression. If you did use the airbags to raise the rear end the car would ride very harsh since you make it much harder for the rear springs to compress.

The spherical bushing do transmit more noise, it just depends on what you consider loud. Mine rides fairly quiet, I think.

· Registered
829 Posts
Air bags and weight jacker LCAs serve two different purposes. Weight jackers adjust ride height and airbags are just to prevent spring compression. If you did use the airbags to raise the rear end the car would ride very harsh since you make it much harder for the rear springs to compress.

The spherical bushing do transmit more noise, it just depends on what you consider loud. Mine rides fairly quiet, I think.
+1. I don't like the weight jackers at all. (I had a bad experience with them) But the weight jackers and airbag serve different purposes. Pro Street lowers control arms with an airbag are ideal for your setup Jeff.

· Registered
643 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
10-4, sounds good.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.