Mustang and Ford Performance Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
The Ubiquitous Jimmy V.
3,323 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Also will too much belt rap put too much pressure on Snout??

jim v.

G

·
Hi Jim...I dont think its really going to hurt. It might even help....its putting the belt force around the pulley/snout more than the stock setup. So with my thinking(which is usually in left field) I would think more belt wrap would be better for the pressure on the snout. Equalizes it...

Harry
www.HotRodHarrys.com

·
Registered
661 Posts
Jim If any thing it helps equalize the pressure around the whole berring, So in tune less pressure on the top of the berring,
I would think this would be much better , than stock or half rap
They had this in a previous post , and several people said the same thing, I agree, . . . Peace

·
Registered
189 Posts
Magnuson believed that it was posible to put too much pressure on the blower snout.

G

·
BlownCobra said:
Magnuson believed that it was posible to put too much pressure on the blower snout.
I understand what he is thinking...but what we are saying now is...with these new BilletFlow and Metco upper idlers..the wrap is increased, spreading the load evenly around the pulley/snout instead of on the top half only like the factory does. So we dont have to have tons of pressure now on the belt tensioner to stop the dreaded belt slippage.

Harry
www.HotRodHarrys.com

·
Registered
4,522 Posts
Belt tightness and belt wrap and two different things. As long as you run the stock tensioner in the middle of it's range, you should be fine.

·
Registered
189 Posts
IWRBB said:
Belt tightness and belt wrap and two different things. As long as you run the stock tensioner in the middle of it's range, you should be fine.
I agree with IWRBB, My post was that it is posible to put too much pressure on the snout. That said, I am not sure if you have too much tension, and this is compounded with a wraping device that allows for more surface area to be covered that the bearing would not fail prematurely. Harry you are saying that it is a benefit, because there is more surface area covered and therefore better distrubution of pressure???

·
Banned
1,888 Posts
I'll inject this: There should be some belt slippage for blower longevity. That holds true for all blowers: roots, twin screw, centrifical, etc. Without some belt slip the blower could break quickly.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts