Mustang and Ford Performance Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
What specific Foxbody V8 springs should I buy for my 2001 GT ?

I have a 2001 GT and I will be using Tokico 5-Way Adjustable shocks. What specific Foxbody V8 springs should I purchase for my stang? Is there any specific part # I should have when I call up Ford to order? Or maybe a specific year and model? Please help. :cool:

·
Registered
692 Posts
Re: What specific Foxbody V8 springs should I buy for my 2001 GT ?

Joe-Stang said:
I have a 2001 GT and I will be using Tokico 5-Way Adjustable shocks. What specific Foxbody V8 springs should I purchase for my stang? Is there any specific part # I should have when I call up Ford to order? Or maybe a specific year and model? Please help. :cool:
The best thing you can so is go to a junk yard and get used/"broken in" one's. The V8's ONLY go in the rear. You want Fox 4cyl for the front. Unless your running coilovers. you should use 14"175# springs. You may have to grind down the tops of the Tokico's for the copilover to fit. What are your mods when you ran 13.17?

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
Re: Re: What specific Foxbody V8 springs should I buy for my 2001 GT ?

TruBlu01 said:
The best thing you can so is go to a junk yard and get used/"broken in" one's. The V8's ONLY go in the rear. You want Fox 4cyl for the front. Unless your running coilovers. you should use 14"175# springs. You may have to grind down the tops of the Tokico's for the copilover to fit. What are your mods when you ran 13.17?
Cool. Thanks.

The mods I have to get me to 13.17 are:
ET Streets
Pullies
Diablo Chip
Alum Driveshaft
4.10s
Eaton Posi & Tom's KA 31 splines
LCAs
Subframe connectors

Actually, that day, the track had very sh1tty traction. It should have been a 13.0xx at the very most. 2 stangs lost control and ate it that day.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Re: Re: Can I use Tokico adjustable DRAG struts with a D&D front Coil Over setup?

jimfitzgerald said:
I am running Tokico 5 way drags with my AJE coilovers and they work fine for a street/strip car.
Coo info! :cool:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts