Mustang and Ford Performance Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Banned
1,265 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have heard from multiple people that the dealer can tell if you have changed the pulley.So some people are changing the snout assembly to retain the factory pulley and snout,and just buy another snout to put a pulley on.If this is true someone please let me know where i can get a snout from so i can change the pulley and not worry about warranty issues. Thanx

·
Registered
6 Posts
If you were to reinstall the stock pulley, I dont know how they can tell if it has been swapped out. When I changed my pulley, I looked it over pretty carefully and didn't see any markings on the pulley or bolt that would indicate my work.

The snout, on the other hand, had paint/pen markings that slashed across the blower and snout. Although it is probably a QC mark, it may show a swap.

·
Banned
1,265 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Does that tool eliminate any and all marking on the snout if so I DEFINATELY need to order one.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I used the ASP pulley puller and it looks identical to the AR one. I broke that small threaded bolt on the end of the big bolt during my third install (overtightened my friends pulley) I had to buy another one from ASP for $14 just in case I need to remove the pulley mounting plate. I also have the backing plate to remove the DUB mounting plate.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Pyro said:
....I broke that small threaded bolt on the end of the big bolt during my third install (overtightened my friends pulley) I had to buy another one from ASP for $14 just in case I need to remove the pulley mounting plate.....
Amazon Racing puller includes 3 extra pilot screws (grade 8, hardened) :D

·
Banned
1,265 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Doug that's the exact setup i want for my 03,Price for the pulley,aux idler and 2 idler pulleys.2.80" pulley of course

G

·
choices choices!

Amazon Racing Pulley Puller $159.95
Hub removal plate $20.00(optional)

Interchangeable Supercharger pulley kit $139.95 (hub and 1 pulley your choice 2.76, 2.93, 3.10 Clear) (add $10.00 for Red, Blue or Black)
Interchangeable Supercharger pulley kit $174.95 (hub and 2 pulleys your choice 2.76, 2.93, 3.10 Clear) (add $15.00 for Red, Blue or Black)
Interchangeable Supercharger pulley kit $199.95 (hub and 3 pulleys 2.76, 2.93 and 3.10 Clear) (add $20.00 for Red, Blue or Black)

Pulley Bracket "Stealh Kit" Black Anodized Bracket stock pulley $149.95
Pulley Bracket "Bling Clear Kit" Black Anodized Bracket + clear 1)100mm pulley $164.95
Pulley Bracket "Red,Blue or Black anodized pulleys" Black Anodized Bracket + 2)100mm 1)92mm pulleys $249.95

·
Banned
1,265 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Thanx alot man you make some awesome pieces for these cars you are one talented individual.

·
Banned
1,265 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
You are very modest..... I Thank The Horespower God's for people like you.

·
Registered
11 Posts
BLWN03, Doug and I just swapped out my upper pulley last night and I am here to tell you that tool is the cats behind. Doug cut out some cardboard to cushion the back of the stock pulley so no marks would be left and set the puller up high enough so it would not contact the blower snout. Off came the pulley and not a mark on anything. The end of the blower shaft looks as it did before the install. Again, I watched all this and was very impressed with the end result. The right tool(s) make any job go properly and Doug has the RIGHT tool for this job. You will be impressed with the thought and workmanship of the Amazon Puller. Get it, you won't be sorry. I'll vouch for Doug and his products any day.

·
Banned
1,265 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
I'm definately sold on Doug's products i will be spending my funds with Amazon...

1 - 20 of 20 Posts