Mustang and Ford Performance Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Guys,
I have a tubular k member and coilovers along with caster camber plates.
Today I went for an alignment because the inside of my tires is wearing.
The alignment guy told me to come and look...
The adjustable CC plates on the passenger side were adjusted as far as they could go toward the outside fender. He siad that the drivers side could probably be corrected, but the passenger side is adjusted as far as it will go and Im still 1/4"-1/2" towed in at the top of the tire.

What could have caused this? any fix?
I purchased the car with all of this equipment on it, so Im trying to figure out what hand I have been dealt.

Thanks

ps... I dont know the name of the CC plates, but its a 3 nut adjustment piece.

·
Registered
9 Posts
This happens quite often with aftermarket k-members that have an extra bit of front track built into the control arms. You could try another brand of cc plate. My Maximum Motorsports plates are running full out and forward to get the alignment just barely into spec.

·
2V powered
3,866 Posts
You may be able to switch them to the other side and have the adjustment you need.
I have MM plates and have plenty of adjustment for whatever mine needs.

·
Registered
39 Posts
go to Oreillys buy a set of camber bolts for your year model. When you install these adjust the cam so its pushing the tire all the way out at the top. this way you get some of your adjustment back from the cc plates.

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks guys,
Im going to look into the cam bolts and also a new set of plates.
These are chipped up on top and I can get a good deal on the MM ones.

·
Registered
492 Posts
ya get the 4 bolt MM plates. also you might want to check if the k-member was installed correctly if the new plates dont fix the prob

·
Registered
431 Posts
the 4 bolt MM plates are the best.
as stated earlier the aftermarket k member often causes these problems. most people use fox LCA's to keep from having the tire sticking out so far.

if you need some camber bolts just shoot me a PM i have tons of them at the shop and can get you a set CHEAP!!! i run them on my car along with the MM plates for extra adjustment range

1 - 8 of 8 Posts