Mustang and Ford Performance Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
963 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Car has been sitting for 9 days. I recently put a new ALT and gaskets on the car in the last month. Today I was driving around and punched it a few times in 2nd gear. Radio would shut off then it would come back on. Turned lights on and radio would turn off. Car would change idle when turning lights on also. So another bad alt? I'm also running a smaller Ody battery.

·
Registered
963 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Others run this battery. Maybe since it's been sitting for 9 days needs to be charged?

·
GearBanger Extraordinaire
1,006 Posts
Others run this battery. Maybe since it's been sitting for 9 days needs to be charged?
nah if it needed to be charged you would have had problems starting it. Once the system is running it charges itself again.

·
Registered
963 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Well I went out side to start the car again and car wouldn't start ha. Started looking and see the battery terminal was sparking and was loose! so I guess the TQ yanked the wire off or I just didn't have it tighten down enough! Now my CD plays won't eject a CD.. bastards!

·
Registered
1 Posts
Car has been sitting for 9 days. I recently put a new ALT and gaskets on the car in the last month. Today I was driving around and punched it a few times in 2nd gear. Radio would shut off then it would come back on. Turned lights on and radio would turn off. Car would change idle when turning lights on also. So another bad alt? I'm also running a smaller Ody battery.
Battery might be too small or may be expire thats why radio shut down and ligh turned.

·
Administrator
Termi Powered 427 Cobra, & M850
9,523 Posts
You do know the last post in this thread was 13 years ago, right?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts