Mustang and Ford Performance Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am a car guy who has always worked on traditional hot rod ford engines (small blocks and even flatheads), but with fuel prices on the rise, I am interested in possibly putting one of the more efficient FRPP 3V crate engines into a '51 Ford. I have a couple of concerns: engine management systems, I have been told the Comp Cams FAST system is great, and I am also concerned about the DBW system on the 3V engine. My old school rodding techniques tell me i should just be able to put an older twin venturi non-DBW throttle body from a pre-05 Cobra on the engine (may require fabbing a spacer), and that would work well with the FAST system. I am 25, so I am pretty good at computers, so I am hoping the transition to automotive computers will be simple. If you have information about the FAST system or my idea about adapting a pre-05 twin venturi throttle body to the 3V engine, feel free to contact me. Also, I have extensive knowledge of older engines (even flatheads) and the internal workings of most engines, so feel free to ask me any questions you may have. The only thing that is new to me is custom engine management systems.

·
Super Moderator
3,530 Posts
welcome man!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts