Mustang and Ford Performance Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is what happened. I installed a new lower intake manifold and put everything back together. When I started the car up, the rpms went to 3000 and dropped back down and the car died. I have to keep the gas pedal down constantly so the car wont die. Right when I let go of the gas pedal the car dies. It drives perfectly fine 3000 rpm and higher.

I did a few things, I removed the intake manifold cover and looked to make sure everything was hooked up and tight and everything was fine. I also bought a new idle air control valve and the car is still doing the exact same thing. The car was running fine before this project.

Has this ever happened to anyone? What could I have messed up on? What could be wrong with it? Anything could help. thanks !

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
fixed the problem..thanks anyways fellas

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I didnt screw down the 2 bolts that are inbetween the runners inside the intake. I guess only the 96 cobra has the 2 screws in the middle. The intake that I had before I installed this one from a 98 cobra didnt have the 2 screws inside so it didnt give me any problems

1 - 4 of 4 Posts