Mustang and Ford Performance Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, me and my bud pulled out his scan tool and did some test's for live data.( i have been having idle/power surging problems 2 weeks after header install)

When cold, the 2nd o2 sensor on Bank 1 was not giving a voltage reading. Finally when it warmed up a bit to give a reading we got the idle problem.

It took about 2 minutes until we got the voltage reading/idle problem. The other o2's were already "warm" and giving voltage readings when cold.

Also, it was also doing a long term fuel trim of -6%

1 day later my CEL came on.

What is really odd is when I had my MAC catted H pipe on before this my CEL came on and I had the same code pulled. Bank 1, 2nd 02 is a problem (but then I had a buzzing in my exhaust - either a bad cat ot 02)

I would really love to fix this problem so I can install my blower and have peace of mind.

·
Registered
176 Posts
It must be the fron 02 sensors. They can give idle probs. They may be broken or not plugged in properly. The rear 02's don't cause idle probs.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.