Mustang and Ford Performance Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
218 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i know alot of people run this set up and numbers seen to very from car to car anybody got any ideas what i should see....

2.7 upper, 4lb lower and alt pully
jba shortys, highflows, and magnaflow x and mufflers
grantellies 60k coil packs, tr6 plugs, coolant tank expanion
stage 4 ported, acc fab single, bbk cold air, 95mas
40 amp bap and a all balls 75 shot (wet)

clutch gears shifter... a hand full of kenny browns and irs brace
cross drilled and slotted stopers .....

lots of people till me ill be disapointed with the numbers
i want 540 ish no bottle they say 500 if lucky what do u say :dunno2:

·
Boost-aholic
2,821 Posts
520hp/530tq

600hp/650tq on the juice

Jr.

·
Registered
218 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
is that enough to take a new zo6.... no bottle

·
Boost-aholic
2,821 Posts

·
Registered
218 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
see i dont under stand why those cars r so bas ass.... cobras make 500 so easy but anything more is high$ i know weight is a factor will we will see what we come up with

·
Registered
1,484 Posts
With spray you will pull a new Z ( lightly modded ) if it has a cam it will run with you lol ****en Displacement. Off the spray you will get pulled

Power will be around 500 off the bottle.

·
Registered
452 Posts
With spray you will pull a new Z ( lightly modded ) if it has a cam it will run with you lol ****en Displacement. Off the spray you will get pulled

Power will be around 500 off the bottle.
What he said.

·
Registered
218 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
well got it back and very disapointed....:( car did 475hp and 495tq he did say its 16* of timing and his dino reads low... no bottle #s :( and clutch is not strong enough to handle new load.... and i will diffently need a after market heat exchanger said it gets hot after one pull... and only reading 15lb of boost... 2.7 and 4 lb lower??? and i guess shortys r good for dick... no power gains and no better exhaust note... how ever im off tomorrow and have most of the day to get her all cleaned up... and brought up to speed... she has been out of the loop for a while a year...

·
Registered
1,188 Posts
I would do the 2.9 upper and 4lb lower and add some timing in it. Those numbers are crap for the mods you have. Just curious why are you using the grantellies coil packs? The stockers have pretty much provened to be the best out there. I have seen situations where guys lost power using other brand coil packs. Also who is your tuner?

Also few recommendations for you....get rid of the BBK cold air and go to a straight shot style filter, lower the boost, add timing, and get a custom dyno tune from a reputable tuner. What gas do you have? 91 or 93?

·
Registered
218 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
the bbk has been modded for stright air flow (lower boost lowers heat) i under stand that... and timing was low to run spray... it was tuned by gear heads in arlinton tx... there is some small twicking thats needs to be done.... and he did say his dino reads low... said it would be 500 any where else (easily) i dont care that much still fast just no bragging rights

·
Registered
563 Posts
i have a home ported blower,similar to a posi port with just a 2.76 making 12.5lbs of boost and i make 527rwhp & 517 rwtq...23* timing is where its at...ditch the metal CAI...it holds heat.

·
Registered
218 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
well i run a kenny brown strut tower brace... and wont clear anything else... other then stock plastic

·
Registered
218 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
i am looking at a diablo flip chip and running a more aggressive tune w/o the nitrous for every day driving

1 - 16 of 16 Posts