Mustang and Ford Performance Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
The Ubiquitous Jimmy V.
3,323 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Now don't laugh.Don't be judgemental.
I am sure other with weight saving preferrences would consider them,But wouldn't want to admit it.

Steeda finally sent them and i am bolting them in tomorrow.
I'll post back what i find out.I will also keep an eye on them to see if the bolts hold up..
Not expecting very much.But who knows??
Steeda feels they work well.They sell them so i'll test them.

jim v.

·
Pushrod Dinosaur
1,006 Posts
ummmm Cool. uhhhhhh. i guess............ummmm let us know...............uh.....i guess......... just kidding. I'm looking forward to your review of this seemingly wonderful product!!! hehehehe

gary

·
Registered
244 Posts
From what I hear Steeda makes some good parts and everything I have bought from them for my 01 GT were of great quality, so i don't see any reason why they wouldn't work. Keep us updated uncle Jim
Matt

·
The Ubiquitous Jimmy V.
3,323 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
My first thought was CARBON FIBRE bolt in Subs,,,sounds Gay..:eek:

I can always screw them out and put in MM Subs.:)

Just trying to stay weight conscious with this FAT CAR..

jim v.

·
Registered
195 Posts
Carbon Fiber

:shocked

Carbon Fiber Subframe connectors :rolleyes:

Sounds like rocket science to me. But, having said that, I would like to see pics of installation.

I am looking to firm up my vert and although weight is not a problem, not racing, it would seem great to have them, stronger?

·
Registered
244 Posts
Jim Vaccaro said:
My first thought was CARBON FIBRE bolt in Subs,,,sounds Gay..:eek:

I can always screw them out and put in MM Subs.:)

Just trying to stay weight conscious with this FAT CAR..

jim v.
:lol
Why is it that chubby people are always trying to stay weight conscious? I had to get you back for the chubby comment with the rear seat delete..lol
Matt

·
Registered
510 Posts
The only thing that sucks about them is that they are bolt-on and not welded on. The Carbon Fiber is stronger than the steel used in most weld-on subframes, but the bolt-ons just don't provide anywhere near the rigidity and strength as the weld-on subframes. Now if they could only make weld-on carbon fiber subframe connectors :D

·
The Ubiquitous Jimmy V.
3,323 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
SVTVenom said:
The only thing that sucks about them is that they are bolt-on and not welded on. The Carbon Fiber is stronger than the steel used in most weld-on subframes, but the bolt-ons just don't provide anywhere near the rigidity and strength as the weld-on subframes. Now if they could only make weld-on carbon fiber subframe connectors :D
My feelings exzatly.

jim v.

·
Banned
1,888 Posts
Jim,

How exactly are you going to test and report these?

Do you suppose that you will notice chassis stiffening with the butt dyno? How will you know if they actually work or not?

·
The Ubiquitous Jimmy V.
3,323 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
HAMMER said:
Jim,

How exactly are you going to test and report these?

Do you suppose that you will notice chassis stiffening with the butt dyno? How will you know if they actually work or not?
Excelent question. When i think of the answer? I'll Post back.
I am hoping to notice a difference by driving slowly on and off driveways where i feel some creeking.They should atleast show some sort of stiffening.

jim v.

·
Registered
2,357 Posts
Last time I had my car dyno'd at Steeda the tech doing the dyno said to stay away from them and called them the econo subframe connector. He said to use there other tube subframe connectors which are only like 2 ft long. I will stay away from both and go MM full length.

·
Banned
1,888 Posts
Jim Vaccaro said:
Excelent question. When i think of the answer? I'll Post back.
I am hoping to notice a difference by driving slowly on and off driveways where i feel some creeking.They should atleast show some sort of stiffening.

jim v.
Aaaah! Good point.

At Crazy Horse, you could get in the car and some of the fellas will lift it up on two wheels for you - better yet!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts