Mustang and Ford Performance Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
385 Posts
Ouch! Are those the stock springs? Whos cams and what are the specs?

Darren

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I'll post the cam specs after I have them run on the cam doctor. I never got the specs for the cams when I ordered them

·
Registered
176 Posts
Never got specs???? oookkkaayyy. I hear good things about the comp cam setup wit the comp springs. That' s what I'll be going with . Hopefully no probs. I also hear good things about the crower cams.

·
Registered
630 Posts
:vomit:

Oh Gzzzz! Now I'm really scared to use my ModMax valvespring kit. What would cause this? Was it a setup problem, wrong cam, or just weak faulty valvesprings?

·
Banned
900 Posts
NMRA pro, who sells the vavlespring kit you're referring to? How about pricing?

Thanks

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
It looks like the Springs themselves just broke. Cant say weather or not it was from the install, but they are pretty darn near close to coil bind.
I never got to really work the motor since the problems were from the onset.

Heads are going to be off tonight and the cams will be run on the Cam doctor tomorrow to get the EXACT specs and not all the bull shit that I was given by the dealer.

What good is an "advertized 27X somthing" ??? How do I compare that to the stock specs.

As far as I'm concerned ModMax is just crap, everyone that I have seen running them for the last 2 years on a GT have broken them, and they have not fixed anything nor are the Cobra springs any different froom what I have see.

ModMax if you are out there you owe me a set of Ported heads, valves and springs.

And dont think I wont come looking for you........

·
Registered
54 Posts
Going to look

You will have to go to Ft. Lauderdale to PRO-Power, that's Mod Max. They have about 6 dealers, maybe more by now, some with store fronts and some just on the internet. You will probably find that they will say the same as SHM does, if we didn't install it, we don't warrantee it. Sorry to have to tell you this. If you want more info e-mail [email protected] .

nmrapro50:banggears

1 - 13 of 13 Posts