Mustang and Ford Performance Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Breaking ****
1,300 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was running a blower last season (03 GT) and gutted my PCV and had each valve cover running to a catch can with a breather located in the wheel well. Worked fine and kept any oil out of the intake/discharge tube. Now i am back to being NA, i wonder if the catch can is necessary, plus in the colder months, the Can is being exposed to the cold 50-35 degree weather and with the hot vapors going to it, causing condensation in the Can, drain mostly water out of it. Plus i can smell the oil fumes all the time with the setup and getting a little condensation into the motor (get a little white inside the oil fill cap - been like that on 2 engines). Would switching to some Autozone tiny conical valve cover breathers be wiser? Will it make a mess? Is the smell still there?

I can't run the stock set up due to lack of provisions for hose to the aftermarket plenum/manifold

· Registered
999 Posts
I run a UPR oil seperator can...allows me to keep my PCV system a closed system like stock. While at the same time keeping oil out of my intake...works great and looks good to. So no fumes and no oil!

Also you can tee into any vacuum line...and I know you have atleast 1 vacuum fitting on your intake setup.

· Registered
427 Posts
I played around with the idea of what to do with my build for a while. In the end, I went with a single Moroso breather tank. I am running 2 -10 AN lines from the valve covers to a T, then a -12 AN line to the breather tank. It looks like we are going to mount the tank under the fender, that way, there is no oil in the engine compartment if some vents.

· Breaking ****
1,300 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I played around with the idea of what to do with my build for a while. In the end, I went with a single Moroso breather tank. I am running 2 -10 AN lines from the valve covers to a T, then a -12 AN line to the breather tank. It looks like we are going to mount the tank under the fender, that way, there is no oil in the engine compartment if some vents.
THose are some huge lines! I think i will keep my setup as it, but put back in a functioning PCV valve.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.