Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Which is better??

·
Registered
1,067 Posts
Jim Vaccaro said:
Which is better??
Jimmy:

Magnaflow all the way buddy... Way better quality and much better cats...

I assume that is for your MACH1 since you have LT's on your COBRA, right ???

·
Registered
218 Posts
I prefer the MagnaFlow Tru-X Crossover Pipe #93335 over the Bassani X-Pipe #BXX4603-3:

1. The MagnaFlow is a true crossover which makes good torque down low and continues to scavenge up top. It has been said that the chambered Bassani X-Pipe stops being effective at ~4K RPM.

2. Bassani sources their catalytic converters in-house. This reduces costs as well as quality control and assurance. MagnaFlow is a division of Car Sound Exhaust System <http://www.car-sound.com/>. Car Sound catalytic converters are widely considered some of the best high-flow cats available.

3. Comparatively speaking, the MagnaFlow is less expensive.

·
The Ubiquitous Jimmy V.
3,323 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Re: Re: CATTED X PIPE???Bassani or Maggie??

xtremejc said:
Jimmy:

Magnaflow all the way buddy... Way better quality and much better cats...

I assume that is for your MACH1 since you have LT's on your COBRA, right ???
RIGHT

·
Registered
246 Posts
I really like my Magnaflow catted x-pipe,excellent fit and quality. I am sure as you already know there will be lots of different opinions between the two systems.Both are very good quality from what i have seen,it really comes down to what sound you are looking for out of your new Mach1 because they both have a different sound to them.

·
Registered
207 Posts
I have had both and prefer the DR. Gas.

·
Registered
218 Posts
I would opt for the Dr. Gas crossovers above all else. Too bad their products are not offered in stainless steel.

·
Registered
438 Posts
Spintech system from Chad Brooks. Nicest sounding system I have ever had on my car. Comes with a Dr. Gas X too.

Ben Dorn

·
Registered
299 Posts
Where can you get a Dr. Gas? And can you get it with cats? I am curious because I am trying to decide if I should just keep my stock h or go with a x pipe.

Thanks

·
Registered
1,497 Posts
Or you can get them from me :D

Actually, the pipes I sell are Spintech. They use the Dr. Gas center section, but the pipe is prewelded so you can just bolt it right in.

·
Registered
577 Posts
Uncle Jimmy,

I will not get into whose is "better" per se, but I will offer my thoughts on this matter. Personally, and sorry to those who disagree, but I think Magnaflow stuff sounds like crap. Again, sorry to the biased people.

Ya see that pic of the Spintech system? The Bassani's cats are exactly the same. The smaller one is the one ya get with the Bassani, no crappy "brick type" that falls apart and rattles around. I believe that the Magnaflow system uses the "brick type". My Bassani does not. I am a firm believer that you get what you pay for in the exhaust area. These are facts, and again, sorry to those who may disagree. I believe that the materials used by Bassani are a "better" type of stainless steel, T-304 aircraft stainless or something like that. There is NO WAY that Magnaflow can offer the SAME QUALITY at about $200 cheaper. Impossible I say.

That be said, I am happy with my Bassani, and yes I HAVE owned Magnaflow before. I, personally think, that the Bassani is a better fit, better finish, better bracketry, etc.

I am sure others will agree with me.

·
Registered
8,192 Posts
SolidSnake said:
I am a firm believer that you get what you pay for in the exhaust area. These are facts, and again, sorry to those who may disagree. I believe that the materials used by Bassani are a "better" type of stainless steel, T-304 aircraft stainless or something like that. There is NO WAY that Magnaflow can offer the SAME QUALITY at about $200 cheaper. Impossible I say.
A lil FYI:

You will be surprised to realize that, overall, Magnaflow uses higher quality stainless steel than Bassani, and, YES, it is a better deal, price wise. Also, Bassani uses only T-409, which is lesser quality than T-304. The pipes are made from the same T-409 stainless on both brands, but Magnaflow goes one step further and offers T-304 stainless on their mufflers and tailpipe tips, for greater durability in this area.

Also, do/did you not like the rear tailpipe adjustable rods that Magnaflow offers on the Stangs? I think that's one of the best setups available. FWIW, I gained 24 rwhp with the Magnaflow Catted X-pipe and Magnaflow Catback on my 1st '03 Cobra.

Kind Regards...

·
Registered
218 Posts
Bosko @ SVTP had a catalytic converter break down and start rattling. Currently trying to resolve the issue under warranty with Bassani.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts