Mustang and Ford Performance Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
6,191 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i was reading this on another forum. since everyone is talking about the kenne bell for the 03 cobra, has anyone put a vortech or a novi in the 03 cobra engine? i mean would they produce the same or even more hp than the kb? and since they build boost at higher rpms right, can they compete with the turbo 03 cobras?

·
Registered
3,078 Posts
Davidmax put an ATI supercharger on his 03, but he also went with a 5.2-5.4L aluminum block, custom heads and cams. . .ect. So he got more hp than someone would get if they just swapped the blower and did some bolt ons.

Personally, I don't think its worth it. If you are going to go through the extra trouble off taking off the eaton and replacing it with another intake manifold and then running a different power adder, it would only be worth it if you went with a turbo.

A vortech may make some more hp up top, but we would loose alot of low end power. Its just not worth it to swap from one supercharger to another (on a street car). If your going to get rid of the eaton, keep it simple and get something that will fit in its place (KB).

·
The Ubiquitous Jimmy V.
3,323 Posts
It's hard to beat theKB recipe for 600rwhp...Cheaper,No plumbing nightmares and they drive like stock cars...

1 - 3 of 3 Posts