Mustang and Ford Performance Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Banned
1,265 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know there is no clear cut winner,but what do you guys think would happen with a centrifugal blower on these 03's.

The one thing i know is that the centrifugals definately produce less heat,wich in turn equals more power and less chance for detonation.The low end torque is unmatchable with a cetri. blower but the top end charge is quite impressive.

What i think will happen is some very insane power #'s but no one has a swap kit for these cars YET! A lil birdy told me that there just maybe a well known tuner strapping on a Centri.blower on a 03 in the next month. I cannot reveal my sources as i promised but what i can say is that the #'s are going to hopefully be just absolutely rediculous.

I personally love the roots type of boost,but i've also expierienced the centrifugal blowers on the DOHC engine of my old 97 cobra. With the internals these cars have and the capability to make retarded #'s with the roots,i just can't wait to see the Centrifugal blowers come out and do the same if not better than the KB setups due to the efficiency of the blower..

Now to the fuelsystem....i think most of the problems have been solved but with being able to make 650+ RWHP the fuel system just maybe the limiting factor on power gains with the centrifugal setups.....I can't wait to see the responses positive and negative...because i personally would love to try one of these blowers on my own car....So lets hear it!

Jay

·
Premium Member
5,466 Posts
I think its an awesome idea. I would be on the list in a heartbeat for a paxton/vortech setup. Start weeding out the weaknesses of these cars.

Inefficient power adder from the factory when pushed past 14psi.

You see what the older DOHC cobra motors 96-99 cars put down with a good centi charger and 6-9psi, double that and thats just a start. I personally dont seen a problem at making 550-600 @ 16-17psi on relatively safe setup.

Your curve is gonna change, but I think its for the better, I have more than I can put down to the ground right now with 490ft/lb tq @ 3000rpm. When the majority of your time at the track is spent from 4700rpm-7000rpm if you can drive worth a shit.

Should get interesting.

·
Registered
105 Posts
BLWN03 said:
A lil birdy told me that there just maybe a well known tuner strapping on a Centri.blower on a 03 in the next month. I cannot reveal my sources as i promised but what i can say is that the #'s are going to hopefully be just absolutely rediculous.
LaRocca

·
Registered
191 Posts
BLWN03 said:
I know there is no clear cut winner,but what do you guys think would happen with a centrifugal blower on these 03's.

The one thing i know is that the centrifugals definately produce less heat,wich in turn equals more power and less chance for detonation.The low end torque is unmatchable with a cetri. blower but the top end charge is quite impressive.

What i think will happen is some very insane power #'s but no one has a swap kit for these cars YET! A lil birdy told me that there just maybe a well known tuner strapping on a Centri.blower on a 03 in the next month. I cannot reveal my sources as i promised but what i can say is that the #'s are going to hopefully be just absolutely rediculous.

I personally love the roots type of boost,but i've also expierienced the centrifugal blowers on the DOHC engine of my old 97 cobra. With the internals these cars have and the capability to make retarded #'s with the roots,i just can't wait to see the Centrifugal blowers come out and do the same if not better than the KB setups due to the efficiency of the blower..

Now to the fuelsystem....i think most of the problems have been solved but with being able to make 650+ RWHP the fuel system just maybe the limiting factor on power gains with the centrifugal setups.....I can't wait to see the responses positive and negative...because i personally would love to try one of these blowers on my own car....So lets hear it!

Jay
Its already been done davidmax on svtperformance with a procharger i belevie over 700 hp and the dude blew up his ride when he missed a shift and wacked the rev limiter

·
1st Whipple in the 10's
2,685 Posts
hitting the rev limiter shouldnot blow things up something happend that caused it to blow it when hitting the limiter.

does anyone know whay happened?

·
Banned
1,265 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Re: Re: Centrifugal VS. Roots,Twin screw

StangD281 said:
Maybe....(In my best fat bastard impression from austin powers).

It justmight be going on a certain Sonic Blue 03 too!;)

·
Registered
182 Posts
broke7 said:
I think its an awesome idea. I would be on the list in a heartbeat for a paxton/vortech setup. Start weeding out the weaknesses of these cars.

Inefficient power adder from the factory when pushed past 14psi.

You see what the older DOHC cobra motors 96-99 cars put down with a good centi charger and 6-9psi, double that and thats just a start. I personally dont seen a problem at making 550-600 @ 16-17psi on relatively safe setup.

Your curve is gonna change, but I think its for the better, I have more than I can put down to the ground right now with 490ft/lb tq @ 3000rpm. When the majority of your time at the track is spent from 4700rpm-7000rpm if you can drive worth a shit.

Should get interesting.
Woooh there.

96-99 4V with 6-9psi are putting down anywhere between 400-440, but with a real weakness in TQ. Don't you think the boost will have to increase to make the same numbers on the '03 engine considering it is over 1 full point less in compression? Why change what you have just for the same hp numbers and a much weaker TQ number.

If you strap on a BK, your going to see even higher numbers, and still have better TQ, and curve then a Centri. Lastly with a good tune and maybe a better set of cams, the KB should pull right through redline just like a Centri does.

Personally I do not see where the advantage would be with a Centri, but will see when it is done if I am wrong.

I would prefer to make more power across the curve, then at the max level.

·
Registered
191 Posts
Re: Re: Re: Centrifugal VS. Roots,Twin screw

BLWN03 said:
Maybe....(In my best fat bastard impression from austin powers).

It justmight be going on a certain Sonic Blue 03 too!;)
He had the stock limiter moved way up and with the centrifusal you keep pumping boost unlike thee atons with the boost bypass and i think he hit it 7 or 8 times and BOOM!

I personally think his car may have been tuned way to agressivly

·
Registered
191 Posts
Calypso428 said:
Woooh there.

96-99 4V with 6-9psi are putting down anywhere between 400-440, but with a real weakness in TQ. Don't you think the boost will have to increase to make the same numbers on the '03 engine considering it is over 1 full point less in compression? Why change what you have just for the same hp numbers and a much weaker TQ number.

If you strap on a BK, your going to see even higher numbers, and still have better TQ, and curve then a Centri. Lastly with a good tune and maybe a better set of cams, the KB should pull right through redline just like a Centri does.

Personally I do not see where the advantage would be with a Centri, but will see when it is done if I am wrong.

I would prefer to make more power across the curve, then at the max level.
too much low end torque can be a bad thing especially for a drag radial car. Id sacrifice low end torque for high end hp (i.e. cams) im sure it would help immensly for drag racing.

as for street cars. Its all about low end stump pulling grunt. You rarely spend any time over 3k rpm on a street car unless your me of course:king

·
Registered
74 Posts
jonas said:
too much low end torque can be a bad thing especially for a drag radial car. Id sacrifice low end torque for high end hp (i.e. cams) im sure it would help immensly for drag racing.

as for street cars. Its all about low end stump pulling grunt. You rarely spend any time over 3k rpm on a street car unless your me of course:king
I liked my friend KB SC'ed 91 GT but after I put my Powerdyne on my car I fell in love with the SC. I can get some decent traction in the lower RPM's then get slammed with power up top! I managed a [email protected] with 1.90 60ft with a lame 3000 rpm slip launch on Nitto's. All I have is a Powerdyne with 7psi, exhaust, and thats it in a 93 GT. I still have stock 3.27's (was an AOD car I fixed that though!). I would have to say it would be easier on the street to hook up at 1st and may be able to push the HP levels even higher. I love the twin screw and the roots, but the centrifugal works nice too.

·
Registered
182 Posts
jonas said:

Well if you consider a 600+rwhp car having low hp, then I guess we see things differently.

Personally I want all the power I can get across the whole spectrum of RPM's rather then just peak hp.

I cannot for the life of me understand why people complain about too much low end TQ. I don't see the drag radial guys running 8's complaining about too much low end TQ, or people like Pete who ran the king of TQ power adders, both the KB and Juice.

·
Registered
191 Posts
Calypso428 said:
Well if you consider a 600+rwhp car having low hp, then I guess we see things differently.

Personally I want all the power I can get across the whole spectrum of RPM's rather then just peak hp.

I cannot for the life of me understand why people complain about too much low end TQ. I don't see the drag radial guys running 8's complaining about too much low end TQ, or people like Pete who ran the king of TQ power adders, both the KB and Juice.
on slicks!!

trust me, alot of the turbo guys use boost controllers to change boost levels at each gear of the run (tapped in the vss) too much down low is bad on a stock style suspended car.

I guess its just me.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts