Mustang and Ford Performance Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,046 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey,

What size injectors are you running?You told me but of course i have forgotten.

Im interested to see what you get out of yours with high impedence injectors.We made 676rwhp with 50's before they cried for mercy.We made it to 7k with them but it was going lean fast.

Btw,wait till you see the dyno curve with that JT trim..It will shock you.Torque curve is nasty...:D

Also,Im going to a 8 rib.(6 rib is slipping bad @ 18psi-19psi)Did you get a SFI balancer for your car.If so,from who?

Tim

·
Registered
1,497 Posts
Tim, I am running a new 55psi pintle style injecter and 3:1 FMU with bleeder (~2:1). If it works out ok, it should be able to support over 800rwhp according to Chris Johnson. I hope to get tuned in the next week or so, that will be the real test. As far as the balancer, I am running an Innovaters West SFI 8-rib Dampner. You can get it in either stock size or 10% overdrive. Call Joe Charles at Parkway Ford, that is where I got mine!

Chad

·
Registered
1,046 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
If that setup works for you I may go that route myself.This injector box is going wacky.We flooded 2 cylinders just idling.It hydrolocked the motor.Thank god the car was stopped when it happened.We went to crank it and it was locked down.Ford has wimpy starters,lucky for me.If it would have opened those injectors up @ WOT I would be out one expensive motor.
Its getting on my last nerve.
I'll have the 8rib on it in about a month and I'd like to get it back on the dyno.Cant let a "cobra" pass me by.........;)

Did you go the overdrive?Can you tell me what you paid?

Tim

·
Registered
173 Posts
Hey Chad,
I talked to Pete today at SPEC. He said my disk was bent. Dont know why though. It didnt make any noise. I am going back with a stage 4 and he said something about a new design of disk. I believe it has 6 pucks compared to 4. I figured I'll give that a try to see how it holds up so i have an idea what to run when i get my TKO. We will soon see how it works. I'm planning on going back to the track the 16th of this month.

Steve

·
Registered
1,497 Posts
Steve, I know I have told you already, but congrats on hitting the 10's! I know you will be much faster, but it is nice to say you can run 10's.

As far as the clutch, I have never heard of warping the disk like that...kinda weird. Spec seems to stand behind their products though and I am sure they will hook you up with what you need. The 6-puck stage 4 is the same clutch I am running I believe. Good luck at the track!!

Chad

·
Registered
173 Posts
Chad, I was wondering if you are running a larger discharge tube with that JT-trim? Also, if you are, where did you get it. i asume it would be 3"?

Tim,
Not trying to be nosy, but, does the JT-trim make a LOT more tourqe than a T-trim. I saw where you posted about the dyno curve and was just wondering.

Who would be the best person at Vortech to talk to if I wanted to go that route? What should I look at spending for it?

thanks,
Steve

·
Registered
1,497 Posts
I am running the discharge that goes with a 99 model S-trim kit and it is a little smaller than the blower outlet. I plan on making a custom discharge later. As far as the tqe vs a T-trim, it would be hard to say just how much. If you are interested in getting one, contact Spence Hart [email protected] and tell him I sent you. I would expect to pay in the $2100-$2200 range.

Chad

·
Registered
1,046 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Hey Steve,

I cant tell you the difference because I went from a Strim to a JT.What i was refering too was the curve.Hopefully the cobra responds like my 2 valve did.My peak torque is just over 5000rpm.I know this is low in the rpm range for peak torque but the cool thing is it draws a line all the way to 7000rpm.We haven't taking mine past 7k yet but it was still making power there and the torque had not fallen.This was the case with the 5 speed and the C4.So,I have peak torque for 2000 +rpm.I'll always be in my peak torque while I'm going down the track.It was cool to see it on the dyno.I'll get the graph from the 5 speed dyno @676rwhp and post it so ya'll can see it.

Like Chad said,deal with Spence..He is a GREAT guy....

Tim

·
Registered
173 Posts
Hey Chad,
I got that stage 4 SPEC clutch in the car. It feels different. Kinda hard to explain. I was expecting it to have a rough engagement, but it is smoother than the stage 3. Also, the pedal feels light too. Just wondering how your felt? I talked to Spence, I think I'm going to go the JT-trim route over the winter. still thinking about a way to cool it though.

Steve

·
Registered
1,497 Posts
My stage 4 feels great. Like you said, it seems no more aggressive than the stage 3 myself. As far as the JT trim goes, I will be able to tell you my opinion later this week after I get off the dyno. I expect it to do well.

Chad

1 - 10 of 10 Posts